Tax Question

Zx2guy19

Just a quick question, can't find a simple, direct answer online:

This year I purchased 3 rental properties, paying cash. Do I deduct the entire purchase price (from the HUD-1 statement) and rehab cost for the house all at once or do I split it up over a period of time?

So, do I deduct (example) 20k, 20k, 20k for each property (-60k) or do I write it of over a period of time (-60k/10 years= -6k per year).

Sorry for the noob question, but right now I have a -38541 loss on my rentals, making my tax return look like a mess.

Thanks!

Brad

Thanks LJ.

I have a CPA that I've worked with for 5+ years. I'm doing a personal spreadsheet now (I always meet with her the first week of March) just to see how I did. Normally I'd call her, but she is really, really fucking old and she's probably asleep.

Tractor- thanks for the life advice.

While we're on tax advice, anyone know a tax guy who might be knowledgeable in Day Trading taxes? I need someone who's a serious tax geek because I'll need advice on trading from within an LLC and some other fancy stuff that the average small business tax guys aren't going to want to mess with.

I do have at least one accountant who I'm hoping can give me a lead. I just don't wanna bother her with my questions until tax time is over. I know how busy they get.

I actually just ended up at my accountants office today so i got questions answered.

Edited by Tractor