FS: 2001 Saturn SL1

B3NN3TT

Selling my winter beater. Too many cars for my garage.

2001 Saturn SL1

1.9L SOHC

5-speed manual

151,000+ miles

White/Tan

Air Con (recently charged)

I bought this in late 2011, and have put a little over 10,000 miles on it. It was a little tired from the PO, so I have freshened up A LOT OF THINGS in the past 2 years. I can't stand to drive a car with nagging issues, so I just fix them.

NEW PARTS INSTALLED:

Tires (Falken Ziex ZE-512 all-season)

Struts (KYB Excel-G)

Tie rods

Front control arms

Full 4-wheel alignment

Starter

Battery

Thermostat

Coolant temp sensor

CV axle

Top engine mount

Plugs & wires

Intake manifold gasket

I've done lots of clean-up work on the interior, replacing bad parts with good. New headliner, steam-cleaned mats, back seat and carpet. Replaced front seats with a pair of tan leathers from the Yard (the original seats were too worn and dirty to save). Too many little details to list - there are so many similar cars at Pick & Pull, I'm always finding better pieces to bring home to freshen it up.

The PO installed a decent Kenwood MP3/WMA head unit and upgraded all of the stock speakers.

Starts and runs perfectly great, SIPS gas (although with my 5-mile commute, it never gets up to full operating temp, so I don't see it so much in my daily situation). It has manual crank windows and door locks - no power here. And it DOES NOT have cruise control. It's about as basic as it gets.

Issues? None, really. There is a little mild pitting on the hood and roof from a hailstorm at some point in its lifetime, and one of the back outside door handles is a little sticky. But the paint is pretty solid, and since the fenders and doors are plastic there's no rust or dings.

Looking for $2000 firm - mainly because I sunk so much money into the struts and tires so recently. It's got a lot of life left in it, and if it doesn't sell, I'll just keep driving it in the winter - where it excels.

Message or reply here. I get notifications.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/bennett9000/Cars/2013-04-09182239_zps683f0b11.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/bennett9000/Cars/2013-04-09182259_zps620cf851.jpg

Edited by B3NN3TT

The Sx2 DOHC engines are notoriously bad for being oil burners, which is why when I was looking for a winter beater, I chose this SOHC version.

This one uses a LITTLE bit of oil - I change it every 3000-3500 miles, and I usually have to add 1 quart in between changes. Which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Thanks!