1990 F150 Part out.

Red Beard

Kinda last minute but I'm scrapping my bomb this week. If anyone is looking for parts or wants it in whole let me know ill sell it for scrap worth to save me a trip and save it from the crushed. Anyway about the truck. It is complete less the starter. Ran when parked. 5.0L short block with factory truck intake and bolt ons. Does have the t-40 heads. Long tube headmand headders. New oem radiator less than a year old when parked. 2 wheel drive. Transmission was replaced with a used aod with 88k on it when pulled. Rear end is nothing special but solid 8.8 .308 gear if I recall correctly. Body has typical rust but minimal. Minor spot at the bottom of the driver fender. Minor rust spot on drivers rocker under the door not visible from the outside when door is closed. Doors are solid no rust power windows. Bed is solid but dented. Large shallow dent on passenger side from brushing a tree while loading firewood. Wheel arch has been cut to prevent rust from spreading. Driver side has a patch panel welded in but unfinished. Dash and trim inside is complete less the headliner. Front end is in good shape as well. Complete headlights grille hood all in decent shape with minimal wear for the age. Prices are all any offer just hoping someone can make good use out of it before its scrap. If you want to buy it as a whole $600 (scrap worth) I will be getting rid of it this week so if you want something off of it let me know asap so can make arrangements.

I'm interested in the transmission. My 89 has a bad trans

Sounds good not hard to swap out. Its going in on monday so if you want to come up and get it ill see about helping you get it out. The only bad thing is its in the yard over at my parents house. Really isn't a decent place inside to do it there. But I'm sure we can at least get it into the driveway to work on it. $100 and it's yours

Scott, let's make a trip to Delaware soon to get some parts from this thing. I could use some stuff for the Bronco.

the more the merrier lol. Just let me know what you need.

You have all of the AC stuff? What is the interior color?

Interior color is red. Door panels are a bit beat up passenger side is cracked pretty bad but still in one piece. All the a.c. stuff is there. It worked off and on might need a new clutch for the compressor but it doesn't leak to the best of my knowledge. What all do you need from it?

I could use a good bench seat if the cover isn't torn

Can I take the rear leaf springs off, and you can still scrap it?

Had the same issue with my bench seat. I tore it out and replaced it with a pair or bucket seats from my old Bronco. Seats are worn but do have a pair of seat covers on them. As far as the rear leafs go they are the 7leaf springs, the passenger side had the end of one of the lower leafs snap off. (About 4-6 inches) still usable and never caused a problem. I have replaced the guide straps with bolt clamps. The only issue I have with taking the rear leafs is I need to be able to roll it. Having a tow truck take it and I don't have a back hoe or fork lift to help it onto the trailer. If we swap them out with your old ones I wouldn't have an issue with it

Edited by Red Beard

Also forgot to mention It has a set of 2 or 2.5 inch wheel spacers on it billet aluminum. The tires are a matching set 30.5x9 a/ts can't remember the brand. The front are about 80% back are practically new. They're on a set of chrome samurai wheels (factory wheels)

LOL, my springs are snapped around the eyelets as well. Work fine, but looking for a replacement. I am definitely intadested in the wheels/tires if I could swap out my steelies...maybe take a look at that bench seat...

Adam/Scott, you guys going up to check it out? OP/Joe, let me know what works for me to stop out in the next few days. My 1982 is also red ext/red int. Thanks!

LOL, my spare snapped around the eyelets as well. Work fine, but looking for a replacement. I am definitely intadested in the wheels/tires if I could swap out my steelies...maybe take a look at that bench seat...

Adam/Scott, you guys going up to check it out? OP/Joe, let me know what works for me to stop out in the next few days. My 1982 is also red ext/red int. Thanks!

Springs aren't snapped at the eyelet they're intact just one leaf had snapped the end off snagged it on a rock when getting into a creek lol no real structural damage still could bolt on just fine lol. As far as the bench seat it is gone lol pitched it when I put the buckets in. Can definitely work something out for the wheels and tires. Scheduling a time is going to be a pain I work until 9pm but any time after that I'm free don't mind staying up late just gotta keep the noise down for my pops. He's an early first shift worker lol. As far as this weekend i work saturday morning till 1pm and off sunday. So we can definitely work something out there as well. Obviously the more we have the faster and easier we can get it done. It does have a fiberglass camper top on it too. Little rough around the edges but still looks decent and definitely keeps the bed dry if interested. Tail gate is in good shape and has a plastic bed liner too.

Looks like there are enough of us to turn this thing into a bare chassis. I need:

AC Condensor (might as well get the pump too)

Washer nozzle

Washer motor

Wiper arms that actually push the wipers onto the window

The pipe that connects the EGR valve to the manifold (if possible)

Stock jack and handle if you have it

If I can get all of this, then I'll just keep Bucky the Bronco around I think.

Do you have pics of the truck? I need something to haul mulch, drywall, wood, etc on occasion and this is cheaper than a trailer. Have you tried selling this truck as is? From your description it doesn't sound like a bad truck, so I'm a bit confused as to why you're just scrapping it.

Do you have pics of the truck? I need something to haul mulch, drywall, wood, etc on occasion and this is cheaper than a trailer. Have you tried selling this truck as is? From your description it doesn't sound like a bad truck, so I'm a bit confused as to why you're just scrapping it.

I can text pics. Its not a bad truck just old and worn. Minor things like a starter, ground cables to the starter would be needed. The ignition is stripped so its wired to a push button start. The wiring to the fuel pump went bad so its hooked up to a toggle and it has a toggle for for a main power cut so its set up kinda like a hillbilly drag car. The locks are messed up so you can't use a key but it has power locks that work fine just never got around to replacing the tumblers. It was my daily throughout high school and college. Just got a new ride and stopped driving it. Im sure it needs some minor tune ups done but its still has plenty of life left. Just don't have the time or need for it anymore. I did try selling it a while back but didnt have any takers mostly tire kickers and low ballers trying to give me less than the scrap value. It would make a perfect haul truck at the end of the day.

Looks like there are enough of us to turn this thing into a bare chassis. I need:

AC Condensor (might as well get the pump too)

Washer nozzle

Washer motor

Wiper arms that actually push the wipers onto the window

The pipe that connects the EGR valve to the manifold (if possible)

Stock jack and handle if you have it

If I can get all of this, then I'll just keep Bucky the Bronco around I think.

I've got everything but the jack. The egr pipe went bye bye when I ran the headders and straight pipe. You're welcome to have the egr housing and block off panel I made for it though lol. not sure if the washer motor works anymore but it is there and the wiper arms are fine.