Introduction

FatHemiDude

Hey guys:

My name is Don, and I'm in Darbydale.

I've always been a car guy for as long as I can remember.

In 1969, I was 7 years old and sitting on a porch on S. Hague Ave with my mom and brothers waiting for my dad to bring his new car home. I remember it seemed impossibly huge, long and lean, deep green and sounding very mean. It pulled into the driveway and the exhaust bouncing off the side of the house was like music.

"What kind of car is THAT?"

"A Roadrunner". I was hooked. Through the years there were times when I had something cool to drive, but mostly not. Driving becomes mere transportation, no longer something to be anticipated, but to be endured.

Good news is the car I have today is a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic which I purchased new in May of that year. Super Track Pak car. Automatic, which is nice. First car I've ever driven with a paddle shift. Redline Tri-Coat in color. Black "R/T" stripes that I'm seriously debating switching to white. Or maybe those old-school HEMI billboard decals for the rear quarters.

Bone stock except for a K&N drop-in filter. I'm hoping to gain real-world insights here on how to most efficiently change that.

My plans for the car this year once I get it out of winter storage over on Fisher Road is to upgrade the exhaust and put in a tune. Looking to wake the car up a little without affecting the drivability.

From reading the pre-post info, it appears I need to take some photographs ASAP. I'm a complete technological Luddite, by choice. I don't own a cell phone. To me, a "mobile device" is a toaster in the trunk. Basically, think Ted Kaczynski with indoor plumbing.

I'm looking forward to learning, and hope with time to contribute to the community.

• Upvote 3

Welcome. I've got a '69 Dart and my grandpa has a '71 Demon, glad to see another classic Mopar lover here. Please don't put 'Cuda billboards on a Challenger, but white on red will look hot.

For pictures, it's pretty easy. Once they're loaded onto your computer, create an account on a hosting site like Photobucket, upload the pictures to your account, then copy and paste the IMG link.

:) Welcome.

Excellent intro.

Thanks.

You'll still get shit for not posting pics.

I've internalized that. I'm going to have to procure a digital camera. By procure, I mean shoplift from Wal-Mart. Wish me luck.

I forgive you though.

"To err is human, to forgive divine". Alexander Pope said that. I don't know what kind of car he drove. Never mind, apparently he died in 1744. So 1 horsepower. 2 if he had a dual yoke set-up.

• Upvote 1