20 Minutes to Titanfall!

morabu

I played for about an hour at midnight, had a good time. The trick to fixing the "hang at initializing" is to click cancel and then "play" again. No problems.

Orionshee is my Origin handle, playing on PC. Feel free to add me.

Impressions?

It's a lot of fun. The most fun I have had playing an FPS in recent memory. Not the prettiest game being a Source engine game, has some muddy textures here and there, even on the highest setting. The weird multiplayer campaign thing's story doesn't make a ton of sense, but then again its kind of bolted on to the side of regular multiplayer. The rounds feel like they are just the right length, not too long or short, and the DOTA style AI Grunts really help make the battles feel epic despite only being 6v6.

It's a lot of fun. The most fun I have had playing an FPS in recent memory. Not the prettiest game being a Source engine game, has some muddy textures here and there, even on the highest setting. The weird multiplayer campaign thing's story doesn't make a ton of sense, but then again its kind of bolted on to the side of regular multiplayer. The rounds feel like they are just the right length, not too long or short, and the DOTA style AI Grunts really help make the battles feel epic despite only being 6v6.

I'm about done with BF4 and I've been hoping for something "new", or something with a different gameplay style, this just might fit the bill.

Added everyone in the thread so far. I finished the IMC campaign last night, will probably try to work my way through the Militia campaign tonight. It is such a pain in the ass that they make you complete that twice to get the Strider and the Ogre.

I did Militia first. IMC will get worked on this evening or tomorrow sometime. Played some regular matches as well. Starting to get used to the speed.

How many ranks are there, does anyone know? I have played for like 2 hours and I'm level 16...thats pretty fast progression.

I did Militia first. IMC will get worked on this evening or tomorrow sometime. Played some regular matches as well. Starting to get used to the speed.

How many ranks are there, does anyone know? I have played for like 2 hours and I'm level 16...thats pretty fast progression.

50 levels per generation (basically prestige like COD) and 10 generations.

I'm a 30-something after about 4 1/2 hours yesterday. Haven't touched campaign although as much as my friends and I like to play Last Titan Standing I think I might have to so I can use the Ogre chassis.

So what's the CR verdict? I'm still up in the air about this. I still get my FPS fix with battlefield 3, skipped battlefield 4 and cod ghosts. . . is this the new iteration we've all been hoping/waiting for??? The reviews online seem to think so but I just can't get over how small scale it is and could imagine it getting old rather quickly.

I still get my FPS fix with battlefield 3, skipped battlefield 4 and cod ghosts

Be Slimpsy; Skip Windows 7, LOVE Windows Vista.

Lol

It's a VERY different game from those two, outside of the "running around and shooting people in the face" part. I play BF4 quite often, and I really like TF. I can see myself playing this for a while.