T56 swapped my Camaro

Cordell

Got the exhaust on and took it on a little test drive today, got some bugs to work out in the tune, and I need to figure out what to use for a clutch pedal anticipation switch, but it goes down the road nice. Now I just have to take it easy on it for a while to break it in.

Got the exhaust on and took it on a little test drive today, got some bugs to work out in the tune, and I need to figure out what to use for a clutch pedal anticipation switch, but it goes down the road nice. Now I just have to take it easy on it for a while to break it in.

Did you mean the clutch-starter interlock switch ?

Whats that?

Did you mean the clutch-starter interlock switch ?

No the starter safety switch is at the bottom of the pedal travel, the clutch anticipation switch is at the top, it has 4 wires running to it. 2 of which cancel the cruise, the other 2 send a ground signal to the PCM to tell it the clutch is starting to disengauge. It looks a lot like a brake light switch, but it's a normally open and a normally closed switch. GM has decided to discontinue it and all the parts stores I've searched have no clue what I'm talking about. I ordered one for a Colorado yesterday since it's similar so we'll see if that works. I could do without it, but I want to car to operate like it came this way.

• 5 years later...

Well so I feel like updating this thread.

The T56 I had in the car never felt quite right, never shifted well at high RPM. So back in October I installed a T56 Magnum modified to use an f-body tailhousing. Along with the trans I installed the LS6 engine that was in my Corvette (Corvette was parted out around September). This made 405rwhp, and drove and shifted much better then it ever has.

Currently working on supercharger install, E85 conversion, and will be changing gears in the 9”.

Well so I feel like updating this thread.

The T56 I had in the car never felt quite right, never shifted well at high RPM. So back in October I installed a T56 Magnum modified to use an f-body tailhousing. Along with the trans I installed the LS6 engine that was in my Corvette (Corvette was parted out around September). This made 405rwhp, and drove and shifted much better then it ever has.

Currently working on supercharger install, E85 conversion, and will be changing gears in the 9”.

What gears are you going with?

What gears are you going with?

3:25

I debated using a 3:50, but figured if I get the power I’m after the car won’t get much traction anyway. The Magnum has less overdrive in it then a stock T56, .67 6th gear vesus the .50 6th, so the 3:25 will cruise on the highway closer to stock. Besides I refuse to set this car up for drag racing because I like it to corner carve, so it’ll never launch well at the track regardless of the gear ratio. Should be a hell of a roll race car though.