Where to find B8 S4

SilverAudiMike

I'm leaning toward a B8 S4 for my next car. Audi guys - where should I be looking (locally?) and what should I be looking for specifically, ie sport diff, manual vs DSG, nav, etc. What are some things to look for related to maintenance and repair?

It seems like all the ones on Audizine have inflated prices, and I'll likely need to trade my car in to make the transition a little easier...I don't have the space for both cars at once.

Jones, you had one right?

Edited by SilverAudiMike

The scheduled DSG maintenance at 50,000 is $$$.

I've had mine (2012) going on three years. Tune/pulley. Zero issues - car has been a dream.

The audio setup is a little primitive in my year. GPS can't just find things by name, there's no built in bluetooth, etc. Something to consider when you're looking.

+1 on the sport diff and I would add the DSG is fabulous.

Jordan at JET Auto on the board for the car. Sport diff should be manditory, all other options are your choice.

Others can fill in on common issues, etc.

This. And the sport diff should be mandatory too.

I've had mine (2012) going on three years. Tune/pulley. Zero issues - car has been a dream.

The audio setup is a little primitive in my year. GPS can't just find things by name, there's no built in bluetooth, etc. Something to consider when you're looking.

No bluetooth on a 2012 car :dumb:

Jordan at JET Auto on the board for the car. Sport diff should be manditory, all other options are your choice.

Others can fill in on common issues, etc.

This. And the sport diff should be mandatory too.

Thanks for the feedback.

I should have thought of Jet. Jordan if you read this shoot me a PM, otherwise I'll get a hold of you later in the week.

How fast does the DSG really shift? I've heard the S5 is pretty fast but have not heard much about the S4. Ideally I'd like to drive a sport diff/DSG before having Jet source one.

SVT - How is your gas mileage with the pully and tune? HP/TQ numbers? How does this compare to just doing a tune? Any experience with lowering?

No bluetooth on a 2012 car :dumb:

Sorry, the phone features will connect through bluetooth. The audio features require hookup through the special Audi cable (AMS - conveniently located in the glovebox). I ordered a bluetooth adapter last week for the audio that plugs into that AMS slot.

Sorry, the phone features will connect through bluetooth. The audio features require hookup through the special Audi cable (AMS - conveniently located in the glovebox). I ordered a bluetooth adapter last week for the audio that plugs into that AMS slot.

Does it work well? I've been looking at it, but I don't think you can control it through the AMI, can you?

Ahhh got it. FIATs are the same way. I know VAG tends to have a lot more small options on their baseline cars (like adding Bluetooth) but I figured on a bigger ticket item like an S4 they'd at least include that.

Good to know.

Does it work well? I've been looking at it, but I don't think you can control it through the AMI, can you?

I'll let you guys know when the adapter comes in. Unless Jones can speak to it in the meantime.

I'm so far behind that I just loaded my music onto an SD card last week so I can play it in the Audi. That's pretty crude too - I'm still trying to figure out if it's even possible to organize things into playlists.

3 highest priced dealers in Columbus.

:dumb:

But auto assets can work tuning, pulley, exhaust into the price of the car. Also you will get discounted maintenance and parts for a time after the purchase.

I had a guy online I was helping find one. They are going for cheaper in the NY/NJ area. I was in shock when I was looking cause I could be

Buy them for retail there and sell them for 5-8,000 more.

You're right about NY/NJ - check this one out http://www.luxuryhaus46.com/web/used/Audi-S4-Premium-Plus-2011-Little-Ferry/11252481/

Not sure if I could live with the red accents though...and I don't see sport diff on the list.

PS don't run and buy this one just yet...lol

Must have: Sport Diff

Must have for me: DSG

I just plain didn't like the B8 S4's 6MT. Plus they are more durable than the 6MT Today.

I did 15 back to back Launch Control passes at stage2 power on my B8 and it never coughed once.

Great cars.

How does shifting speed compare to some of the other fast DSG cars out there - say Evo 10, GTR, etc?

Also, is there a way for me to tell if it has sport diff if it's not listed in the ad?

How does shifting speed compare to some of the other fast DSG cars out there - say Evo 10, GTR, etc?

The Audi/VW DSG is still the fastest upshift to date I believe.. around 8ms upshifts.

You'll either love it or hate it. I suggest driving both and seeing what works for you. I was a die hard 6MT guy, but I drove the 6MT & DSG B8 S4's back to back a few times and walked away with the DSG and would do it again, every time. It just works so well in that car. I only ever drove it in manual mode as well, which helps keep you involved. Same with the GTR, automatic mode is awful and frustrating.