Picked up a E36 M3

Jewtoys

This is my second go around of a BMW of this vintage. I wasn't seeking out one but came across this yesterday online. It had a pretty healthy build sheet and the guy wasn't asking much to start with, so I contacted him. Was glad after speaking with him it was a middle aged guy that was moving and either this or his m coupe had to go, whichever sold first. Decided after breakfast I shouldn't pass the deal up. Booked a rental and off to Virginia, only a 5 hour drive. The car was just as described and the owner was pretty cool. Ended up just staying at a hotel last night and halfway home at the moment, car has been running flawless.

The motor is fully built, all quality stuff. Nice turbo setup with a 35r, running the larger 1.02 housing at the moment which I might swap out for the .82 I have. Car makes right around 550hp at the moment on 21-22 psi with 93 pump. Going to get it retuned this week and crank the boost.

I hate the taillights, going to order a set of stock ones when I get home.

Quick pic:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/409062052.jpg

Let's see how long I can keep this...

550hp on an E36 M3 and you want more? Might want to watch for the front mounting bolt of the differential housing. It's nearly famous for snapping with stock or near stock power/torque.

Car looks spiffy. The wing can be justified with the kind of power it has.

Loose the wig and gt some wheels otherwise I'm sure it will be a overall blast

550hp on an E36 M3 and you want more? Might want to watch for the front mounting bolt of the differential housing. It's nearly famous for snapping with stock or near stock power/torque.

Car looks spiffy. The wing can be justified with the kind of power it has.

It has a 7 series diff.

Loose the wig and gt some wheels otherwise I'm sure it will be a overall blast

I assumed the wing was stock. I like stock wheels

Looks awesome! This and the Evo 4 alone and you've got an awesome collection!

Evo 4 is gone

It has a 7 series diff.

It's not the diff itself, its the bolt that mounts it to the subframe....unless the subframe has somehow been modified. Are the halfshafts upgraded too?

Congrats on the new purchase

Being boosted it would just not be as flashy but to each their own. Does it have a cage?

I prefer things less flashy, why I feel silly in evos. I love them to death but feel like a high schooler. Wing might come off this, who knows. Haven't really thought about it yet. No cage, it's a street car.

It's not the diff itself, its the bolt that mounts it to the subframe....unless the subframe has somehow been modified. Are the halfshafts upgraded too?

Congrats on the new purchase

I know the 7 series diff doesn't just bolt in, pretty sure that whole area has been tampered with because of it. Stock half shafts.... Driveshaft shop is 30 minutes away ha

Thanks

Interior/engine shots?

I can get some tomorrow. Interior is stock. Semi debating gutting the interior-tossing a race seat in and taking the A/C out to shed some weight..... Should make near 600 on 93. Even from a 60 roll pedaling the car it kicks out. Has newer Dunlop star specs too. It's only 40-50 outside though, probably the main issue. Looking into a Racelogic traction control setup

Are you still getting the GTR or was that somebody else?

That's me. Waiting on my friend to sell it, he wants to race his friends C6Z once he is finished building it.. Ego maniacs.. I wasn't really looking for another car just happened to see this. I would most likely have to sell once he sells me the GTR, low on space at my place and don't want to keep something on the street.... Neighbors would hate me. I actually like this car alot though, if I can get some traction with it. Once it warms up a little if the tires that are on it currently still have issues, it will get something extra sticky-also looking into a traction control setup.

Beautiful! Not super fond of the smoked taillights, but I'd love to see it in person.

Have a set of stock tails waiting for me at a junkyard, hopefully I can make time to pick them up today. :fuuuu:

Oh yeah it has a nice gauge setup, screen inside of the rear view mirror and you can toggle through various gauges and settings. I like it alot, no tacky gauges everywhere.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/20553832/409071213.jpg