2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 vs. 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition! - Head 2 Head Ep. 52

Fubar231

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the gtr is bad ass, ill take the z28 any day. How much does a track edition gtr go for? 100k? For that money ill buy a z28, blower + bolt ons and extra set of rims and slicks, rape said gtr in the 1/4 and track and still have money left over

Look, the money argument.

For 100k, I'll have JP build me a fleet of DSM's which will rape the Z/28!

:gabe:

i think the z/28 is cool and for the money a awesome track car. but IMO run top of the line with top of the line. could the z/28 out run the nismo which is not a gutted track car. i dont think so. honestly i would rather spend the money on the GT-R, while its more money i personally feel its well worth it.

i think the z/28 is cool and for the money a awesome track car. but IMO run top of the line with top of the line. could the z/28 out run the nismo which is not a gutted track car. i dont think so. honestly i would rather spend the money on the GT-R, while its more money i personally feel its well worth it.

The gtr in the vid already costs $25k more than the camaro, I would hope a super nismo jdm y0 gtr would beat it..

The gtr in the vid already costs $25k more than the camaro, I would hope a super nismo jdm y0 gtr would beat it..

The NISMO gtr costs TWICE as much as the Z/28. They start @ 150k. They tested the "Track Edition" whatever that means.

I would love to see this redone with both cars having the same tires as tires can ruin the best car and make a crummy one pull near amazing feats. Either way the fact the Z/28 exists is a good thing.

I'm praying Ford answers with the new Mustang, having IRS now and being a good deal lighter all it would take is to give it the Boss treatment with a real Tremec, good brakes front and REAR and some tires Ford could likely match or beat the Z/28 for less money.

I would love to see this redone with both cars having the same tires as tires can ruin the best car and make a crummy one pull near amazing feats. Either way the fact the Z/28 exists is a good thing.

I'm praying Ford answers with the new Mustang, having IRS now and being a good deal lighter all it would take is to give it the Boss treatment with a real Tremec, good brakes front and REAR and some tires Ford could likely match or beat the Z/28 for less money.

Ford will never be a contender. I don't think they know what carbon ceramic brakes are

They're tested with the tires the cars are sold with ...

Truth. Try again...

I see a Brake upgrade in Jones' future. However that might only move the car from a 9.50 on a scale of 1-10 to a 9.98 and said money would be better spend on tits and ass.

Still a huge Zilla fan but can appreciate the comments about the "experience" the Z28 presents. However I'd opt for an R personally.

I won't lie, if I had to choose to purchase a car to be my fun car between those two, I would choose the GTR over a z28 every time... Though, if I were looking specifically for a track car, I would probably choose the z28

While the gtr is bad ass, ill take the z28 any day. How much does a track edition gtr go for? 100k? For that money ill buy a z28, blower + bolt ons and extra set of rims and slicks, rape said gtr in the 1/4 and track and still have money left over

then i'll buy two $4k fox bodies. i'll throw $40k at each one---one will be for the drag strip, and the other will be for the road course. i'll have the best of both worlds, correct? :dumb:

see how stupid these money arguments sound. fyi, no one in the market for either of these two cars uses this same mentality. i bought my GTR for $92k last year. would i trade it for a new z28? fuck no. different strokes for different folks.

the z28 does not appeal to me. i may opt for a c7z though. i can appreciate the work gm has put into the vehicle and applaud them. we can all agree, this is a damn good time to be a car enthusiast. imagine if you grew up in the late 70's, 80's---it would have largely sucked

From someone who road races regularly and owns a GTR both cars are not a first choice for road racing due to weight. If a person can drive and push the car a far better choice would be a C5, C6 or C7 Vette due to weight or better yet a purpose built car.

Weight kills tires and brakes!!!!!!

Not hating on either car but the reality of the real word day to day is light to light and roll racing. No contest here. The GTR Dominates in this category.

If you go road racing you will not see any Camaros and a sprinkling of GTR's. Does not mean they are not cool cars. Just means for road course does not make sense.

P.S I love both cars!!!!!!!

They're tested with the tires the cars are sold with ...

Aware of that but considering it is one of the biggest variables I stand by what I said. The results would be different with both cars on the same tires.

Ford will never be a contender. I don't think they know what carbon ceramic brakes are

They didn't figure out that front Brembos alone aren't enough on the Boss 302, or even the 190+mpg 13' GT500. Hell they've had issues with the Taurus and F-150 with mediocre brakes. Hence why I'm on Wilwoods. Maybe one day they will figure it out.