Curb Rash: Can Wheel Repair Fix It?

Wease

Over the winter I curbed the right side wheels of my G8 pretty bad. :( I'll post pics later. Went sliding into a curb downtown. The wheels on my low mileage G8 were perfect, and I want them to be perfect again. How bad is too bad when repairing curb rash and how much does it typically cost? :confused:

It's hard to judge price without seeing the damage. I suggest bringing the car over and get an accurate quote, then you can compare the cost over acquiring a used one. Try Wheel Technologies on Weber and Westerville. I had a machined-finished lip repaired there and I can't tell anymore where the damage was.

Wheel medics not in business? Unless the wheel is split in half and bent to hell, they should be able to fix it.

So they'll fix the rash and it will look like new? I know my rims aren't all ripped up, I just wanted to be sure. Because my first reaction was to buy new rims... :(

So they'll fix the rash and it will look like new? I know my rims aren't all ripped up, I just wanted to be sure. Because my first reaction was to buy new rims... :(

Yes. I've had rash waaaay worse than that, like 1inch wide and all over the rim with a dent in the lip (never let your girl park), and they made them look new again.

Yes. I've had rash waaaay worse than that, like 1inch wide and all over the rim with a dent in the lip (never let your girl park), and they made them look new again.

yeah.....your G8 wheels isn't bad at all. I've seen them fix way, way worse.

I have a question about the pricing if anyone here knows. I just picked up a set of wheels for cheap, but they have some curb rash. I was wondering if it would make a difference in pricing if I just have them repair the rash but not the finish as I plan to have the wheels powder coated anyways?

Definitely call wheel medic. The can straighten, repair, refinish, powdercoat, and even do black chrome. Tell them you are a cr member.

I actually work pretty close to them, I'm going to stop by this week... :nod:

One other option - when I had Ips powdercoat my wheels they repaired some similar damage in my wheels...you cannot tell where the damage was..

I thought about this as well, but I'm looking to go "cheap" for the time being, as long as they look like new and it sounds like they would be. Under $100 per wheel would be fantastic news... :nod:

• 2 weeks later...