Layoffs Suck

OfcMav

In our recent economic crisis who here is either laid off or soon to be effected by layoffs - I just thought we could all vent together about the current economic situation.

I'll start, at my wonderful place of employment - city of mansfield - announced to myself and 25 other of my co-workers that they would be laying us off in t-minus 30 days, this is in addition to 4 they already laid off. Chances of me getting called back to work....not very good so the city is going to ---> :dunno::takeit::bukkake:. Most of us getting laid off cant just go get another job for what we are specifically trained in. Just wanted to get the venting out there! Atleast I still have my kawi to keep me happy and stress free...i love my motorcycle and this site it really takes my mind off of a lot of things and sends me to my happy place! haha so i guess on the bright side, a lot of riding in my near future who wants to ride?!?!?!? :dj: anyone else feel the pain?

im incredibly lucky to have 2 jobs right now. Full Time design engineer and part time at the Motorsports Shop. i F'N HATE my design job, but dont wanna leave until my CC's are all paid off, lol.

and during the summer i detail cars and bikes, was solid packed last year, and have half this year full of details. so 3 jobs over summer.

In our recent economic crisis who here is either laid off or soon to be effected by layoffs - I just thought we could all vent together about the current economic situation.

I'll start, at my wonderful place of employment - city of mansfield - announced to myself and 25 other of my co-workers that they would be laying us off in t-minus 30 days, this is in addition to 4 they already laid off. Chances of me getting called back to work....not very good so the city is going to ---> :dunno::takeit::bukkake:. Most of us getting laid off cant just go get another job for what we are specifically trained in. Just wanted to get the venting out there! Atleast I still have my kawi to keep me happy and stress free...i love my motorcycle and this site it really takes my mind off of a lot of things and sends me to my happy place! haha so i guess on the bright side, a lot of riding in my near future who wants to ride?!?!?!? :dj: anyone else feel the pain?

Are you tied down with family? Are you willing to relocate?

Texas departments are hiring a bunch right now.

I know Dallas is trying to hire 300-400 officers

Are you tied down with family? Are you willing to relocate?

Texas departments are hiring a bunch right now.

I know Dallas is trying to hire 300-400 officers

Ya, thats the problem, my fiancee is getting laid off as well and all of our family is here. We want to stay in Ohio ideally but....we are gonna have to go somewhere if it gets to the desperate point ya know?

Next question... is everybody else finding the same job search results I am? More specifically' date=' plenty of jobs if you want to work in the food service industry at $7.50/hour or if you want to be a bank teller or over-the-road truck driver.

How's the hunt going for everyone else?[/quote']

It sucks, but it's income and a job....

Not sure what I would do if laid off. Been gainfully employed non-stop since 1980, though not the same company. First Procter & Gamble and then GE.

The trick is to always look for ways to make yourself more valuable to the company. If they can hire someone off the street into your position you need to increase your education either internally or externally.

Though that is not to say I am not constantly stressed over the possibility given the extent of this recession.

Ooops I got off track weren't we talking about someone's mother?

I went government for my job findings. FBI is on a hiring spree. I went to navair. they're hiring some 800 engineers for the JSF and H53-K programs. It's hard to find anything in the private sector right now. The downside is, you may have to move, but in this time, do it if you can.