Notary question

wnaplay1647545503

A buddy of mine who is an older guy had a brother who passed away. While he was in the hospital the guy signed the title to one of his cars so the family wouldn't have to mess with anything prior to his death. The family notary was supposed to notarize the title but has since passed also. Now my buddy has the title to a car which is signed by the owner but not notarized and is looking to sell the car. I know how probate courts with issues like this but to avoid a delay(already has a buyer) is it possible to find a notary who might accept a death certificate or funeral bills in lieu of an actual person and notarize this thing? I used to know a lady who would do this but I assume she passed away because her house was vacant. I know to many old people.

The job of the notary is simply to confirm the person that is signing is that said person, and that said person must sign in the presence of the notary. No notary that wants to keep their notary status will touch this, especially with death and family involved, not saying that you can't find someone to do it, but it is illegal for the notary.

The job of the notary is simply to confirm the person that is signing is that said person, and that said person must sign in the presence of the notary. No notary that wants to keep their notary status will touch this, especially with death and family involved, not saying that you can't find someone to do it, but it is illegal for the notary.

Correct. Wouldn't go down that road.

The owner has been dead a few years but he does have the will stating the car is legally his. I found someone with a friend in probate court who will try to expedite this. I just happened to find a notary who would do it if i need them to . Hopefully probate court can handle it quickly.