Chevy Tahoe

soslow93

Recently purchased gently used 2011 Tahoe all is well except the DIC(driver information center) is a bit wonky. It will only display the menu from the first button and only while holding the second button while scrolling the first... no other buttons work independantly or while holding any of the other. the data displayed is correct but will not remain on the dash either once selected. Not had much help from the tahoe/yukon site so figured i drop this in here and see what it turns up.

Nick

Edited by soslow93

Had plenty of cluster issues, but sortof sounds like an issue with the buttons. Anybody with a tech 2 should be able to scan those modules for codes, and test the display of the cluster. If its a cluster you're not going to be able to replace and program it yourself anyway. Might want to check out a dealership, I can help if you want to bring it in.

Wife's ride and she could careless but i drive it and it makes me nuts that it doesnt work correctly. Read a few other places about the 4 circuits and 3 resisters that comprise the buttons... and i was kind of thinking the same thing due to having to hold one button down while scolling through with another. May attempt to source another set of buttons.

cordell where might you be employed and able to help me with this? I dont know anyone with a tech2

Wife's ride and she could careless but i drive it and it makes me nuts that it doesnt work correctly. Read a few other places about the 4 circuits and 3 resisters that comprise the buttons... and i was kind of thinking the same thing due to having to hold one button down while scolling through with another. May attempt to source another set of buttons.

cordell where might you be employed and able to help me with this? I dont know anyone with a tech2

I'm a tech at Lash Chevrolet in Johnstown, they won't like me doing stuff without a work order so if you want to run it through the dealer I'll make sure they're fair with you. They shouldn't mind me testing the cluster though, it only takes a couple minutes.