FBODY torque arm suggestions

STEVE-O

Had to pull my stock one off while I pull my trans so decided to upgrade it now. Anyone have any hands on experience as to what company makes a better arm? I have been looking and they all seem very similar and with almost identical end results. Anyone suggest one over another for any reason such as price? installation ease? actual performance differences? TIA

I have a BMR trans mounted torque arm with a torque arm relocation transmission crossmember. The BMR torque arm works great on a stock rear end, but it didn't fit worth a shit on the Moser 9" I had. If you look closely at teh mounting bracket at the rear end you'll see some subtle differences, UMI and Spohn are designed to fit the aftermarket rear ends better. The other UMI components I have are really high quality and will be buying their torque arm when I get another rear.

Pretty mixed as I thought it would be. But it does appear everyone agrees to get the relocated mount no matter what. I also already have a driveshaft loop so that helps a bit. Is everyone running the long adjustable or is anyone running the shorter arm? Couldn't find any real info on advantages or disadvantages to the short arm vs the long

Pretty mixed as I thought it would be. But it does appear everyone agrees to get the relocated mount no matter what. I also already have a driveshaft loop so that helps a bit. Is everyone running the long adjustable or is anyone running the shorter arm? Couldn't find any real info on advantages or disadvantages to the short arm vs the long

The short arm attaches to the body and transfers more noise. The longer arm is better for all around use. The reason for the shorter one is to effectivly change the instant center for launching the car at the track, it wouldn't be my first choice for a street car. There are some decent write ups on LS1 tech about it by people much more experienced then me.

I have a BMR trans mounted torque arm with a torque arm relocation transmission crossmember. The BMR torque arm works great on a stock rear end, but it didn't fit worth a shit on the Moser 9" I had. If you look closely at teh mounting bracket at the rear end you'll see some subtle differences, UMI and Spohn are designed to fit the aftermarket rear ends better. The other UMI components I have are really high quality and will be buying their torque arm when I get another rear.

I had the same bmr setup only because I got it used cheap. If I could redo it I'd pick up the UMI for better fitment on the rear as well.

I've had both types on 2 different cars and now am using a long BMR relocated off the transmission.

Body Mount Short: Lots of road noise but when or if you really try to get after it that's where this one shines. BMR told me they steer customers towards the shorter body mount setups when people are trying to run low 10's or high 9's. Advantange is you can really hit the tires harder with one of these.

Long Standard mount: Running this right now with it off the trans and it has worked well. Better than stock, cut some nice 60' with it and not as much noise. I went with BMR because I had some store credit with them.

Pretty much everything Scott said rings true as always.