Why we won't get a faster Scion FR-S

RC K9

The car appeals to a very small subset of the population...

Nobody wants to spend 30K on a "sports car" to have it get violated by mom's v6 camry.

The .02% of the population who appreciate it for what it is have bought them. The rest will rot away, eventually become cheap enough for kids to buy an put ebay turbo kids on.

Most people are in love with horsepower...

What about the people who spend 90+ on a evora ha

Everyone wants to drag race- deal with it.

The solution is SIMPLE here. Lower base price-offer a "no frills" FRS. Offer a TRD turbo and offer it as a factory installed option simial to the COPO or old MALLET vetts. Avoid the EPA/GOVY bullshit. Market the ferk out of it-call in favors and put it up against every 30-40k sports car out there. It should do well at a low price point.

Profit

This^

It was a bastard from the start. Toyota "styling" LOL and a Subaru powerplant that cant handle shit for power to begin with LOLx2

if you gave me one, the first thing id do is rip the drivetrain out of it.

Stock engine 600whp

Stock Engine

They can make a kit to make a 350whp with Toyota reliability IMO.

I owned one on the freeway a few weeks ago. Guy was weaving like a dick and went to pass me on the right as I was passing another car. I leisurely got up to 120 or so leaving him in the dust. And then sat there for a min or so before realizing he was probably topped out and not gonna get to do any sort of flyby. Lulz.

I was in my caddy, eating chipotle.

I owned one on the freeway a few weeks ago. Guy was weaving like a dick and went to pass me on the right as I was passing another car. I leisurely got up to 120 or so leaving him in the dust. And then sat there for a min or so before realizing he was probably topped out and not gonna get to do any sort of flyby. Lulz.

I was in my caddy, eating chipotle.

CTS-V beats a FR-S. Shocker of the century.

CTS-V beats a FR-S. Shocker of the century.

It was the ease of which is happened.

He was probably in 6th and gave 1/8th throttle while the cooled seats chilled his harbles. All while snacking on chipotle.

Meanwhile the guy in the FRS is working his ass off to be 8 bus lengths back.

:masturboy:

It's a Scion. That's the reason.

Thought I saw numbers suggesting the BRZ was outselling the FR-S, and the BRZ is more likely to get a forced induction option..

Price isn't horrible for a good sports car-ish car, but I would have a hard time spending 30k on a car with only 200hp