First Newark Meet 5/17

DaddyBuiltRacing

For the Facebook folks: https://www.facebook.com/events/712371835463224/

For the non Facebookers:

The date for this is Saturday May 17th at 9:30pm.

Location is TSC: 315 Deo Drive Newark 43055

E85 users can find gas here in Newark at Speedway located at 117 E Main St.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets get down to business. Any car, truck, bike is welcome. Please leave your go-karts at home though haha. The weather will probably show a chance of rain, but fear not we have never been rained out luckily. There will most likely be a fair share of less than stellar cars/trucks in attendance, but you'll have that anywhere. The turnout for these meets is usually really good number wise and they do have a wide variety of cars that show up.

We have some simple request for you:

1. Pick up your trash before leaving

2. No fighting, if this happens we will simply call the cops and let them handle you

3. No driving like an asshole in the parking lot, again we will let the cops deal with you. Remember there are often small children at these meets.

4. No drinking in the parking lot, there is a Roosters at our location. We are sure they will gladly take your business and allow you to drink inside.

5. No smoking pot and or doing other drugs in the parking lot. For fucks sake this is a public place, you never know who may be walking around the parking lot.

Should you not be able to comply with these simple request we have local police on stand by and have no issues contacting them for your removal. The cops here are usually pretty laid back, but remember they still have a job to do and will probably cruise through the lot at least once during the night. The less reason you give them to kick us out, the better time we all have.

We do have a couple locations for racing (dig and rolls), but be warned you race at your own risk. That location will remain out of eye sight on here, if you have questions regarding that either hit me up via pm or come up to us at the meet and we can point you in the right direction. Be warned the dig spot is a 15 minute drive from meet location.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL every meet we've held has shown rain on Monday. Only once did it actually rain the day of a meet and even then we had 300+ people show up. We have no fear of the weatherman, he is hardly ever correct with his predictions haha.

It's only a 30% chance as of right now, if it gets above an 80% chance I will start to get worried.

LOL every meet we've held has shown rain on Monday. Only once did it actually rain the day of a meet and even then we had 300+ people show up. We have no fear of the weatherman, he is hardly ever correct with his predictions haha.

It's only a 30% chance as of right now, if it gets above an 80% chance I will start to get worried.

I was at that meet. 300+ people must have showed up after I left because there sure wasn't anything close to that when I left.

I'll be out this weekend though

You must've left real early then cause here's a picture of a small portion of the lot that night. See you all Saturday, hopefully I am not too drunk from the wedding I am attending earlier in the day

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/1005922_397792120326116_985843069_n_zps8dd8bdcd.jpg

Why is everyone so concerned with rain?

It rained on and off a little back last time. Nobody's car melted or otherwise sustained any damaged from the falling water that I recall.

Because the organizer aways says it never rains... so we have taken that and give him crap every time about it for no reason.

Because the organizer aways says it never rains... so we have taken that and give him crap every time about it for no reason.

The "organizer" said what again? :fuckyeah:

Fear not though, we are monitoring the weather. In case you are really concerned here is the current prediction

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/weather_zps0db98844.png

Why is everyone so concerned with rain?

It rained on and off a little back last time. Nobody's car melted or otherwise sustained any damaged from the falling water that I recall.

It's one thing to race in the rain, but standing in a parking lot and talking in the rain is...too god damn exciting, Jones.

Things went fine up until people decided to start hitting 2 steps, the cops got reports of gunshots. We are going to talk with city officials and see about either using our downtown square to hold the meets and charge a small fee, or talk to a couple different business owners about using their lot.

It's amazing how people cannot abide by a few simple rules that we come up with. Should the shit continue at the next one I know I will be done putting them together.