Replace front hard brake lines

Guest GMoney

Guest GMoney

I want the front four lines replaced on my 99 silverado. I have all the lines pre-bent, just need installed and brake fluid bled.

Anyone want to do this? I hate brake fluid.

Edited by GMoney

Guest GMoney
You mean the two from master to abs and two from abs to front wheels, right? Did those a year or so ago on my 04 sierra, kind of a bitch.

Yep. I already did the front to rear line in like 30 min. I just don't have the time to do them on the front and they are sketchy at the moment. I can't imagine that it would take some one with a lift more than 2 hours. Cut the old lines off so they don't leak everywhere and snake in the new lines. The passenger line would be the only one that would be hard.

Yep. I already did the front to rear line in like 30 min. I just don't have the time to do them on the front and they are sketchy at the moment. I can't imagine that it would take some one with a lift more than 2 hours. Cut the old lines off so they don't leak everywhere and snake in the new lines. The passenger line would be the only one that would be hard.

Yeah putting in prebent lines to that right front wheel is a bitch, if it were my truck I'd cut it at about the left front wheel and put in a union.

I started with a coil of line and bent to match factory lines. Yes, Scott, I think I did end up with a union in the front left corner. No lift makes it take a long time. Freezing temps don't help either. Lift would certainly shorten the process.