Cap City Half-Marathon

zeitgeist57

My wife has been running with her girlfriends for over a year, and after she did the half-marathon last fall I said I'd be happy to do it as well. Fast forward to now, and I really didn't run as much as I should have. I've been watching my diet, but never ran more than 7 miles. I'd blame the shitty winter for eating into my outdoor running, but a busy life is also a culprit. Basically , I was looking forward to just running and finishing without injuring or sharting myself.

Running the race was nothing short of spiritual. I ran 2:14:14, never cramped or felt strained, and truly enjoyed the chance to see Columbus from a very unique perspective. The last mile was incredibly tough as I was hitting a wall, but the support from the crowd (or my unwillingness to embarrass myself in front of so many spectators!) kept me going. After finishing, I felt an incredibly strong sense of accomplishment, and had a great time at the after-party as well. Free champagne/beer/Jimmy Johns! :)

Don't know if anyone else on the board ran the race, but I'm definitely looking forward to running again in the fall!

My wife has been running with her girlfriends for over a year, and after she did the half-marathon last fall I said I'd be happy to do it as well. Fast forward to now, and I really didn't run as much as I should have. I've been watching my diet, but never ran more than 7 miles. I'd blame the shitty winter for eating into my outdoor running, but a busy life is also a culprit. Basically , I was looking forward to just running and finishing without injuring or sharting myself.

Running the race was nothing short of spiritual. I ran 2:14:14, never cramped or felt strained, and truly enjoyed the chance to see Columbus from a very unique perspective. The last mile was incredibly tough as I was hitting a wall, but the support from the crowd (or my unwillingness to embarrass myself in front of so many spectators!) kept me going. After finishing, I felt an incredibly strong sense of accomplishment, and had a great time at the after-party as well. Free champagne/beer/Jimmy Johns! :)

Don't know if anyone else on the board ran the race, but I'm definitely looking forward to running again in the fall!

Columbus Half/Marathon in October is WAY better than the Cap City. I've done both. Might do the Columbus again the year.

Columbus Half/Marathon in October is WAY better than the Cap City. I've done both. Might do the Columbus again the year.

So I've heard! The party and fanfare was pretty good, but more than one person said how the Columbus Marathon's party is multiple times better.

Looking forward to running that one as well! :)

Congrats! It's definitely a fun hobby. It's awesome running down the streets like that. This was my first "long" race of the year. I run 5 or 6 a year. I did the half today in 1:49:34.

Congrats, man! Based on my 9-10minute/mile times, I was shooting for 2:15-2:30 having never ran a half before. I was told two things:

1) Embrace the pace.

2) Never trust a fart.

Happy with my results.

I was there was well this morning. I set a new PR of 1:36:52! Awesome time! Columbus is definitely better with the crowd support.

That's quick! My PR is 1:40:14. I was hoping to break into the 30s but decided to run with my dad today. Makes it much more enjoyable.

I was training for a 1:55 but got a cold and then a sinus infection starting 3 weeks ago. I did it in 2:10:21 and was overjoyed. I was able to breath through my nose which has been a rarity over the last couple of weeks.

I'm impressed with everyone's times. I am doing the Delaware City 1/2 marathon at the end of this month and hope to redeem myself.

Congrats to all. I have no desire to run that far. Respect.

I wouldn't (and couldn't) run that far if a bear was chasing me. After a couple of hundred yards, I would say fuck it and take my chances fighting the bear. Who am I kidding? 40 yards, tops.

Hell, I get tired driving 13 miles.

Congrats everyone that ran. My best man from my wedding ran in it. Ran a 1:29. Then drove to Cincy for the Flying Pigs half marathon this morning

That's nuts. My dad did that last year. Ran the cap city half then did the flying pig full. Props to him.

Congrats everyone. I run 2-3 miles consistently but I don't believe I could do a half.

One of my friend's mom turned 51 yesterday and ran the entire flying pig (26.2) in Cinci yesterday. Just over 5 hours...it was her 1st full.

My wife ran the Flying Pig Half Marathon yesterday in 1:51 and it's pretty hilly. She finished 30th out of 890 runners in her age group! :eek::cool:

That's a good time for that course. Flying Pig has a ton of hills.