Planning to buy a house, Realtor Referrals Please

Prodeje79

While I have a couple referrals from family and friends, I realized you all would have some good input. Unless we find a great for sale buy owner place, I think it will be ideal to have a buyer's agent.

I found a few threads and read them:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104715

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81055

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113223

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114610

I definitely want a kick-ass home inspection as one of those threads talked about.

I'd love to hear some good success stories. I'd like someone that is a full time realtor, not just one that does it on the side and is unable to show us homes on our schedule. At this point I've done some basic searching and selected a few houses on realtor.com I'd like to see. I also looked on zillow, for sale by owner, craiglist, and trulia.

We are currently thinking Dublin/Worthington/Hilliard. We really like Dublin schools, but nothing is set in stone. We really like Grandview Heights, Upper Arlington, and Bexley , but not seeing any houses in our price range we like.

I see some ideal spots with Columbus/Powell Taxes but with Dublin/Worthington Schools. I'd also love to try my best to avoid rush hour traffic jam nightmares.....

We are starting from scratch, so we need to secure financing too, so someone knowledge on that is required.

This person Nitrousbird talked about sounds awesome:

PM me and I will send you contact information about my Realtor.

She gets things done. Examples, DIRECTLY FOR ME:

- Sold our condo when the other two units on the market couldn't sell for the same money, one having a lot more money/updates invested in it (this was a year ago when the market was much worse than it was).

- Only reason we got our current home is because of her.

- She is a pit-bull (will fight for you), has a lot of connections, and eats, lives, and breathes being a realtor. She works 7 days a week, literally.

- Will tell you how it is. No sugar coating, and if something about the house isn't right, she will suggest what to do about it.

DO NOT pick a realtor because it is some dude's wife that you know, or a friend of the family. Pick someone that is recommended by someone who has actually used them.

MKVAaron on here used her as a buyer's agent, and has said he is very happy with the result.

Edited by Prodeje79
Changed School Preference.

One of my groomsmen is a full time realtor.

His father has been a successful realtor in Columbus for over 30 years- they are on a team so you get 30 years of experience from dad and 5+ with him, all for 1 deal. I have done SEVEN transactions with him. He focuses on Hilliard/Dublin/Powell/Grove City areas.

Taylor Hart: 614-746-8930

He is with HER in Hilliard, tell him Brad Clarizio sent you. I know this sounds corny, but he is also a realtor you can text. A ton of them don't like to do that because they're more oldschool, but it's pretty damn convenient when a house hits the market at midnight and I can text him and tell him about it.

I appreciate the responses and PMs!!!!

I found more good threads:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106770

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1769766

I will reach out to Marc Stock (AngryBMW) in regards to financing.

Edited by Prodeje79

We looked for 8 months for the right house. The realtor was my friend, Tom Kenect. He's also an appraiser, but he can only do one or the other for you. He mad house hunting fun. He's the happy chubby guy, all the time. I didn't want some stuffy suit shoving a house at me, so they can get paid. I bet we looked at 30+ house's, from Marysville to almost Sunbury. Tom was having fun the whole time. Give him a call, he'll take care of you. 614-561-1972.

Marc did our mortgage too. I spent 8 years as a mortgage broker, and Marc was awesome to work with. I had things with my financing that were out of the normal. Marc and his staff still had me taken care of very fast.

Wow I need this guy to come out once we find the one we think we want......

Xyster101

Bought a house 1.5 years ago. I made a list and did this at each house:

Tools to bring: Screw driver, flashlight, Outlet tester, tape measure, Camera

1. Ground slope from away from house:

2. Water damage in basement or attic?

3. Gutter/Roof shape? Good drainage? Shingles square?

4. Jump in rooms, do they move?

5. Water: Turn on. Brown or smells?

-How fast does it get hot?

-Pressure? Toilet fills?

-Water hammering when slam water off/on?

-Flush toilet with shower on, scalding?

6. Doors/Windows Open/close well. Calking around win? Double Pane?

7. Details: Moldings, trim, quality parts, fixtures installed with care?

8. Electrical: lots of outlets? installation? GFI in baths?

-100 amp service? Separate garage service?

9. Baths: New, old, easy to update. Access to wet wall

10. Furnace: Age, clean, type, all rooms heated? AC?

11. Insulation: Attic, walls, basement. At least 12”

12: Flooring. Type? What is under carpet? Hardwood type? Refinished?

13. Garage: Door works, insulated? Sloped for drainage? Outlets?

14. Handrails: needed on more then 2 steps and good shape? Banisters sturdy?

15. Decks: shape, footings, board shape, nails popping?

16. Exterior: Soffets, drainage, slope, masonry, landscape, sprinkler

17. Kitchen: hardware on doors, draws slide easy, counter top material, doors straight

18. Mold/Termites in basement. Bang hammer/screwdriver on joists to check for rotten wood.

Marc is awesome for financing. Bought a house 3 months ago and financed thru union savings with Marc. He made the process super easy and stress free. Consider Brandon Harper at triumph realty. He's a full time realtor and got me into showings the next day. (614) 296-2031 tell him Kevin referred you if u decide to call

While I have a couple referrals from family and friends, I realized you all would have some good input. Unless we find a great for sale buy owner place, I think it will be ideal to have a buyer's agent.

BTW, thanks for posting this thread. Girl got a fire lit under her in the past 2 weeks to buy a home, out of nowhere (I've been saving and kinda/sorta looking for a long time). I told her she is reading this thread and the linked threads today (she agreed as she's always had a good experience with anyone from CR). Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

There is this guy on here, maybe his name is Marc, he seems good.....no seriously I like Joe had some interesting financing when I went through him and he was super easy to deal with and kept me in the loop throughout the whole process.

We tried to get my wife's place done through him but her loan type he was unable to do anything, he genuinely felt bad but it was through no fault of his that it wasn't possible.