Stage 8 brand "locking" header bolts?

mrhobbz

Has anyone ever used these stage 8 locking header bolts? They have 6pt heads on them with allen key slots in the center. I'm wondering if these might be a better bet than the ones pace setter sent me. Car is an 06' mustang gt

The pacesetter bolts that came with my long tubes SUCKED. They backed out even with high temp thread lock on them. I would get some sort of locking bolts. I have no experience with the stage 8. I just kept tightening them when I would hear a leak

Thanks guys, I'm starting to think I should of just pulled the motor out when i did the long tubes.. Was a pain in the ass to get the pacesetter bolts tightened to begin with. I think I might pull the trigger and order my short block and do it all in one swing

I've got stage-8 bolts on my S10.

been running almost a year and I've not had any issue out of the bolts...

Just wish I they were Stainless and not nickle plated.

I didn't have any problem putting them on either... it's just a lock Tab and a e-clip

You can also try some "nord lock" lock washers. I have them on my exhaust after numerous attempts at trying to keep the bolts from backing out they finally did the trick

That's also the same concept (if not the same washer) that the Totally Stainless Total-Locs use.

Depends upon the gaskets. If you use gaskets that relax over time... and that's what causes the bolts to appear loose... they won't do you any good. If you use the dead soft copper or aluminum gaskets, they should work just fine.