SCREW COLLEGE LOANS

PRD2BDF

Holy FUCK, mother of God, Allah, whatever the fuck.

I happened to look at my Nelnet account to see where I am at currently. I see it's 38,000. I think that's not too bad since that's for both undergrad and graduate.

A bit browsing later, I about had a coronary. It'll actually end up over 53,000. WIth this one fucking loan accruing 11,000 FUCKING dollars in JUST FUCKING INTEREST.

Yes, I'm bitching and moaning, fuck off.

I'm going to have to look for a loan with better interest rates and just pay the whole amount off.

Why the fuck does America demand that we get a good education and makes it so expensive in the process.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(not that it will) but I truly hope the bill allowing student loans to be refinanced passes. While yes, it will create a bat shit crazy money grab it will also give the only guaranteed loan a fair hand vs these absurd interest rates.

Hmm... join the service, get cheap education? OR live like a hobo for 2 years, pay off student loans? OR don't go to college, choose career where degree is not required?

Education is great, but this american big-business university atmosphere can die in a fire.

I don't know your career field, Cody, but repayment of certain types of student loans is a perk for certain jobs. For example, at least a third of the physician jobs I see advertised in Ohio have federal loan repayment as an added benefit. Typically, it's up to 15k/year of loan forgiveness in addition to salary and benefits.

You might want to check out your possibilities before transferring any government (federal/state) loans over into more conventional loans because those conventional loans won't qualify for forgiveness as far as I know.

Completely understand where you're coming from. I make decent money but live well under the poverty line because I have to pay $700 a month just in student loans. It's a damn shame because it makes me feel like crap that my wife and I have to hardcore budget because of my student loans.

Wish there was a legit way out of it without bankruptcy or screwing over a cosigner

Hmm... join the service, get cheap education?

Actually, join the service, go to school where you want. Active duty GI Bill puts about $65k for you to spend on your school. National Guard will Pay 100% to any state funded school, like OSU being about $48K for 4 years. Go active duty and pay into GI BIll, then go National Guard, have the Guard pay for your school and you can pocket about $1500 a month from your GI Bill.

OR, rack up your student loans, then go in the National Guard and take a job with $50,000 student loan repayment. Bye, bye student loans, in 6 years. Then your done.

I'm in the process of becoming a teacher for the Deaf. I know there's a teacher forgiveness that will forgive a part of your loan but there's one loan that's just stupid, a 11,000 interest for a 25k loan. Hell no

Go active duty and pay into GI BIll, then go National Guard, have the Guard pay for your school and you can pocket about $1500 a month from your GI Bill.

OR, rack up your student loans, then go in the National Guard and take a job with $50,000 student loan repayment. Bye, bye student loans, in 6 years. Then your done.

:thumbup: That's the way to go if you're able to.

Actually, join the service, go to school where you want. Active duty GI Bill puts about $65k for you to spend on your school. National Guard will Pay 100% to any state funded school, like OSU being about $48K for 4 years. Go active duty and pay into GI BIll, then go National Guard, have the Guard pay for your school and you can pocket about $1500 a month from your GI Bill.

This. National Guard saved my student loan butt. Zero debt out of college.

Side note: I just checked my bank accounts today. I've never had so much cash in my life than on today.

I think my wife called the place about her student loan and told them that she can't afford to pay it. They said ok, just pay what you can whenever you can. I don't believe she made a single payment last year since we didn't get to write off any interest on our taxes this year.

I think my wife called the place about her student loan and told them that she can't afford to pay it. They said ok, just pay what you can whenever you can. I don't believe she made a single payment last year since we didn't get to write off any interest on our taxes this year.

the interest is still building up, however.

Holy FUCK, mother of God, Allah, whatever the fuck.

I happened to look at my Nelnet account to see where I am at currently. I see it's 38,000. I think that's not too bad since that's for both undergrad and graduate.

A bit browsing later, I about had a coronary. It'll actually end up over 53,000. WIth this one fucking loan accruing 11,000 FUCKING dollars in JUST FUCKING INTEREST.

Yes, I'm bitching and moaning, fuck off.

I'm going to have to look for a loan with better interest rates and just pay the whole amount off.

Why the fuck does America demand that we get a good education and makes it so expensive in the process.

Marc does banking, doesn't he? I wonder if he can help with loans like this.

Go finger yourself somewhere else, you rich elitist.

But yes, it's quite fascinating.

I'm in the process of becoming a teacher for the Deaf. I know there's a teacher forgiveness that will forgive a part of your loan but there's one loan that's just stupid, a 11,000 interest for a 25k loan. Hell no

How can I join the services if I'm Deaf and have a heart disease where if it gets overstressed (physically), I can die?

Yes, all loans are federal.

Nowhere did I read you had conditions like that. If you have mentioned it in other threads, I can't say it's something I'm aware of. I was simply putting info out there. If it works for you, great. If someone else reads it, and it works for them, great. I get that you are pissed about your loans, but understand that I wasn't asking you qualifying questions, I was trying to make you aware of something that might be an option. Your knowledge of your situation allows you to disqualify yourself.

I apologize, Joe. I didn't mean for it to come across as that way. I suppose you could say I'm still a bit cross-eyed about the loan amounts and wondering how the hell am I going to afford it.

Nowhere did I read you had conditions like that. If you have mentioned it in other threads, I can't say it's something I'm aware of. I was simply putting info out there. If it works for you, great. If someone else reads it, and it works for them, great. I get that you are pissed about your loans, but understand that I wasn't asking you qualifying questions, I was trying to make you aware of something that might be an option. Your knowledge of your situation allows you to disqualify yourself.

did you see his screen name??

Proud to be deaf.... Come on JOE!