VIR track weekend

Das Borgen

I'd been to VIR quite a few times in the past, crewing for races, going to a college engineering competition, seeing races, but I'd never actually been on the track for a ridealong or driven it

that changed this weekend

the track was pretty tough to learn, especially with the amount of traffic

1939975_570237617370_2747163780371643936_n.jpg

10383577_570237896810_3058994198069780093_n.jpg

10325630_570237916770_5157271710761507848_n.jpg

http://www.grandamadventure.com/vir%20full%20track_map%20rotated.jpg

Edited by das borgen

the track was definitely a crap ton of fun. There are so many elements to it.

It was repaved all around very very recently and the regulars are saying it's easily 2-3 seconds cut on lap times. There are some areas which were widened too, making for extra speed, in addition to the newfound grip of fresh pavement...

the Climbing Esses are incredibly fun and dangerous

I'm jealous...sounds like a blast.

When you get the Kosei's, you running different rubber or still RS-3's? Looks lower than I remember too???

I do have the HR OE Sport springs. I I've BF Goodrich Rivals on the Koseis. My RS3 are on my other wheels.... The rivals aren't as good, I find

Miss that track, so much fun but watching your video is tough with that traffic. Not trying to hate on your fellow club members but do they not know how to pass/allow others to pass? Or were the passing zones really restricted for some reason?? There are ample places to pass on VIR.

That fresh asphalt sure looks nice, it wasn't a bad surface when I was on it a few years ago but that new stuff looks like butter!!

The Esses are a blast, one of the tougher parts I found was the blind left after the Esses as your really carrying some speed and you just have to trust it as if you do it wrong the guardrail is not far from the outside edge of the track(see youtube for all the wrecks there), the marker I used for it was "Oak tree" but with that not being there.......