HIGHWAY PATROL EVERYWHARE

acklac7

Don't break the law and there's nothing to worry about lol.

Easy to say until you get a ticket for "passing on the right" or "cracks in tires" or "excessive acceleration" or "improper eye protection."

Just because you're not speeding doesn't mean you won't get pulled over and ticketed for something else.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. Drove from OH > Holyoke, MA and back this weekend. 99% of all the cops I saw were in fucking Ohio. Saw 2 in the total of about 700 miles of I90 I drove in NY.

This is what happens when you have an entire statewide division of traffic cops instead of a state police force that actually can occupy its time with real crimes.

I don't get it. Drove from OH > Holyoke, MA and back this weekend. 99% of all the cops I saw were in fucking Ohio. Saw 2 in the total of about 700 miles of I90 I drove in NY.

This is what happens when you have an entire statewide division of traffic cops instead of a state police force that actually can occupy its time with real crimes.

i90 is a toll road which i believe is privately owned. That is why there were no cops.

i90 is a toll road which i believe is privately owned. That is why there were no cops.

That may be the case but I doubt it. I think it comes down to the fact that NY, PA, MA all have state Police forces rather than state highway patrols. Their mandate includes protecting highways but you rarely see them camped out just generating revenue.

I've done the OH-MA drive at least 25 times in the last 10 years, via i90, i80/81/84, and i70, and on none of those highways do you ever see traffic enforcement out in such numbers as OSHP.

That may be the case but I doubt it. I think it comes down to the fact that NY, PA, MA all have state Police forces rather than state highway patrols. Their mandate includes protecting highways but you rarely see them camped out just generating revenue.

I've done the OH-MA drive at least 25 times in the last 10 years, via i90, i80/81/84, and i70, and on none of those highways do you ever see traffic enforcement out in such numbers as OSHP.

California man. Nothing comes close to the CHP. Everytime I went there, they were literally everywhere. And in a semi, they were like your worst nightmare.

I remember Georgia having an absolute shit ton last time I was in the Atlanta area. They use unmarked Suvs too, all over the place. But I will admit, Ohio does have a shit ton of them out there. Defiantly one of the more 'patrolled' states.

On Sunday was up on campus and saw CPD had set up a speed trap on I70. Had one car lasering with a line of CPD cars next to him going after whoever he signaled for.

Also amusingly enough saw a Groveport Police Officer radaring on US-33, pretty far out of his jurisdiction. So, guessing they were doing a lot of working together going hard this past weekend.

I guess you aren't counting the mobile meth lab they pulled over in Athens. Or the numerous large marijuana seizure's from traffic stops in the last two weeks. And are we not going to credit the traffic stop that seized 805 Hydrocodone pills, worth approximately $5,000?

You don't have to like it, but it is working.

I guess you aren't counting the mobile meth lab they pulled over in Athens. Or the numerous large marijuana seizure's from traffic stops in the last two weeks. And are we not going to credit the traffic stop that seized 805 Hydrocodone pills, worth approximately $5,000?

You don't have to like it, but it is working.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s76qol.gif

I have been pulled over and pulled aside in a public area on wrongful accounts. It happens. Saying it doesn't is like saying all officers of the law are incapable of wrongdoing.

That being said, most people who say they got pulled over for nothing probably got pulled over for something. Was that something you would've normally got pulled over for? Perhaps not, but that officer decided to be a "stickler" about it that day. Asshole? Maybe. Pulled you over nothing? Not necessarily. ;)

Please state first hand experiences you have with being stopped for "nothing".

Most ignorant-of-the-law people would think "passing someone on their right side" is nothing, but NOPE illegal. Most motorcyclists would think flipping their visor up at a red light is fine, NOPE illegal. Poor motorists just don't know what criminals they are until they're BUSTED :lolguy:

drive an sti or evo...or anything with a wing and they pull out and follow just in case you do something...

1. While driving TT-RS through Hilliard. Was followed into parking lot by Hilliard PD and was told how nice the car was, and answered a few questions about it.

2. Followed into shopping center parking lot by CPD in GTR, to be asked if I liked it and if it's as cool as he read they were.

Yes, stereotypes are awful.

The last time I was pulled over was by a Perry Township cop. I understand it's a stressful job, they have to treat everyone with caution, etc...but the guy was a bit over the top "angry" or hyped-up about the ordeal. A little dramatic would be a far understatement it was so bad.

It was for illegal lane change as I had someone cut out in front of me from a side street going way too slow, so I downshifted and simply went left then back right moving in front of him. My bad, no turn signal.

The cop acted like I violated his mother. Then tried to read me the riot act because my kids were in the car. Fuck off trying to lecture me about my driving let alone with my kids safety. Dude, there was no one behind me except for evidently you way back there and I barely broke the speed limit going around him. He didn't appreciate my comments, and made that clear, but then I was with my rights and absolutely correct and wasn't going to bite my tongue so in turn I made myself clear. Write the ticket if you wish, but fuck the lectures. You're a beat-cop, go back to your car and do your job.

He eventually calmed down and gave me a warning, but yeah...I have found it's typical to see cops go a little overboard about even little shit.

drive an sti or evo...or anything with a wing and they pull out and follow just in case you do something...

I was pulled over in the FD once. I was wrong on every level. Like, go to jail wrong. I pulled over before he had to tell me to. He ran my info, asked what my hurry was, told me he really liked the car, and was very happy I pulled over because he did not want to chase me. He told me to slow it down and let me go.

Just like any field, people are going to have pet pev's that make them awesome to some, and assholes to others.

:gabe:G

Please state first hand experiences you have with being stopped for "nothing".

I was pulled over by a Trooper heading to Sandusky with my wife. I was in the fast lane and was coming up on the officer doing a speed check in the middle of the highway. I got over to the middle lane when I saw him all the while doing the speed limit. Officer pulls out and blue lights me. When he approached the passenger side where my wife was sitting I asked him what I was being stopped for. His response was that I looked suspicious getting over one lane when I came up on him. He checked license and I was on my way.

I was driving in Dallas, TX one evening and a State Trooper followed me all the way through the city on the interstate. Miles and miles he was riding my ass and after about 15 minutes blue lights came on. When he approached I asked what I was being pulled for he told me that he saw me following to close which was complete bullshit. I told him I was no closer than he was to me going through town and he agreed. Checked license and I was on my way.

I was driving through Houston, TX and was pulled over by a K9 State Trooper as I was in a work zone going 5 under because of heavy traffic. When I asked him what I was stopped for he told me I was in a high drug traffic area with ohio tags. He told me he was going to let his dog walk around my car which he di and checked my license and I was on my way.

Is that good enough for you officer of some first hand experience? I realize a small percentage of your kind is honest but letting your fellow officers get away with the bullshit makes all of you look bad.

Actually, a Pa state cop told me that 95% of their job is traffic enforcement which is the case with most state agencies including OSP. You might want to research the illegal weapons, drugs, wanted felons etc that they encounter while doing traffic. Times have definitely changed with OSP.

The last time I was pulled over was by a Perry Township cop. I understand it's a stressful job, they have to treat everyone with caution, etc...but the guy was a bit over the top "angry" or hyped-up about the ordeal. A little dramatic would be a far understatement it was so bad.

It was for illegal lane change as I had someone cut out in front of me from a side street going way too slow, so I downshifted and simply went left then back right moving in front of him. My bad, no turn signal.

The cop acted like I violated his mother. Then tried to read me the riot act because my kids were in the car. Fuck off trying to lecture me about my driving let alone with my kids safety. Dude, there was no one behind me except for evidently you way back there and I barely broke the speed limit going around him. He didn't appreciate my comments, and made that clear, but then I was with my rights and absolutely correct and wasn't going to bite my tongue so in turn I made myself clear. Write the ticket if you wish, but fuck the lectures. You're a beat-cop, go back to your car and do your job.

He eventually calmed down and gave me a warning, but yeah...I have found it's typical to see cops go a little overboard about even little shit.

You wrote out that entire story just for it to end in a warning...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s76qol.gif

My uncle told me when I got my license not to drive through perry township without hubcaps because they would bust you for showing your nuts. :lolguy: