HIGHWAY PATROL EVERYWHARE

acklac7

I remember a couple of years ago making a thunder run down to Atlanta and back. We saw 36 cruisers set up running traffic, and 34 out of 36 were in OH. While being a bit overzealous with speeding, I've had more BS pullovers in other states.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle told me when I got my license not to drive through perry township without hubcaps because they would bust you for showing your nuts. :lolguy:

:lol:

I drive to Perry Co every day without hubcaps. On the low low. :ninja:

:gabe:G

I was pulled over by a Trooper heading to Sandusky with my wife. I was in the fast lane and was coming up on the officer doing a speed check in the middle of the highway. I got over to the middle lane when I saw him all the while doing the speed limit. Officer pulls out and blue lights me. When he approached the passenger side where my wife was sitting I asked him what I was being stopped for. His response was that I looked suspicious getting over one lane when I came up on him. He checked license and I was on my way.

I was driving in Dallas, TX one evening and a State Trooper followed me all the way through the city on the interstate. Miles and miles he was riding my ass and after about 15 minutes blue lights came on. When he approached I asked what I was being pulled for he told me that he saw me following to close which was complete bullshit. I told him I was no closer than he was to me going through town and he agreed. Checked license and I was on my way.

I was driving through Houston, TX and was pulled over by a K9 State Trooper as I was in a work zone going 5 under because of heavy traffic. When I asked him what I was stopped for he told me I was in a high drug traffic area with ohio tags. He told me he was going to let his dog walk around my car which he di and checked my license and I was on my way.

Is that good enough for you officer of some first hand experience? I realize a small percentage of your kind is honest but letting your fellow officers get away with the bullshit makes all of you look bad.

Example #1: Fun fact: If a Trooper (at least in Ohio) tells you that you were speeding or gives you an exact speed you were going, it's in their policy that they have to cite you. If they don't, they get written up by their supervisors. Very well could be you were speeding but he didn't feel like messing with it. Everything they say is recorded.

Example #2: He said you were following too close, you disagreed. His word vs yours.

Example #3: No comments as I don't know many laws and policies in Texas.

I'm not saying cops are perfect. They're far from it. Unfortunately there are those ones out there that give all cops a bad reputation It just gets old seeing people bitch and complain about cops because they got a speeding ticket 5 years ago or some crap like that or they tell a story to make the officers look bad when it was in fact a justified stop.

It just gets old seeing people bitch and complain about cops because they got a speeding ticket 5 years ago or some crap like that or they tell a story to make the officers look bad when it was in fact a justified stop.

Shit, I've earned all my speeding tickets (and all other moving and nonmoving violations) except ONE. Officer basically just wanted to nail me to the wall because he thought I owned a BMW at 17 yrs old (I was borrowing my dad's, only 4 seat car in the family) to drive some friends to a Mitch Hedberg show. As soon as he found out it wasn't my car, he had no interest in pursuing anything against me.