question for LEO

smokin5s

I don't think she was mistreated, I'm just providing all the info that I know... how she wears her seat belt is the part that I have issues with not to mention it costing more than a normal seat belt offense

You have to factor in the court costs. All violations have a fine PLUS court costs. The fine is likely $30 with the rest being court costs whether you appear or not. Not wearing a SB OR wearing it improperly is the same thing, same section of law and same penalty.

I don't think you are getting the whole story or your wife misunderstood or didn't hear the reason she was stopped. He probably warned her for the moving violation which saved her $$ and possibly points.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to factor in the court costs. All violations have a fine PLUS court costs. The fine is likely $30 with the rest being court costs whether you appear or not. Not wearing a SB OR wearing it improperly is the same thing, same section of law and same penalty.

I don't think you are getting the whole story or your wife misunderstood or didn't hear the reason she was stopped. He probably warned her for the moving violation which saved her $$ and possibly points.

Court costs are added on after the fact. The amount that is stated on the ticket is the amount you have the option of paying in order to avoid the court date.

I think we have one of two Scenarios going on here.

A. Dickhead Nazi-Cop decides he want's to fuck with someone because he's had a rough day. Decides to give some poor mother hell over a failing to wear a seatbelt properly. Instead of putting the actual amount (likely $30) on the ticket he decides to really be a cocksucker and puts down $125, betting on the fact she'll just pay the fine and move on. (I've been involved in a couple of these circumstances where Officer Cocksucker - for no reason- is just a giant raging asshole right off the bat. Rare, but it does happen.)

B. (No Offense to your Wife) Decent cop pulls over a Mother in order to give her a lecture about not wearing her seat belt. She's in a rush, on the rag, and by all means has her seatbelt on so she gets an attitude. Cop remains calm, but this women just wont let it go. Finally Cop says "man fuck this chick" and throws the book at her.

Honestly I think it could go either way at this point, so many "WTF" things about this case. If you could post the ticket/narrow down the Issuing Officer/Agency it could really help narrow down what likely happened. I can't imagine CPD or OSHP pulling this kind of Crap, although Suburb Cops/Sheriff's?, Definitely.

Just got a misdirected PM from Exodous:

Let me give you 50 bucks towards that seatbelt ticket.

call or text me at XXXXXXXXX

-eddie

Some stellar guys we have on here I tell ya.

Honestly I think he should take it to court, paying the fine just gives Officer Cocksucker the all-clear to fuck with more undeserving people.

Court costs are added on after the fact. The amount that is stated on the ticket is the amount you have the option of paying in order to avoid the court date.

A. Dickhead Nazi-Cop decides he want's to fuck with someone because he's had a rough day. Decides to give some poor mother hell over a failing to wear a seatbelt properly. Instead of putting the actual amount (likely $30) on the ticket he decides to really be a cocksucker and puts down $125, betting on the fact she'll just pay the fine and move on. (I've been involved in a couple of these circumstances where Officer Cocksucker - for no reason- is just a giant raging asshole right off the bat. Rare, but it does happen.)

B. (No Offense to your Wife) Decent cop pulls over a Mother in order to give her a lecture about not wearing her seat belt. She's in a rush, on the rag, and by all means has her seatbelt on so she gets an attitude. Cop remains calm, but this women just wont let it go. Finally Cop says "man fuck this chick" and throws the book at her.

Honestly I think it could go either way at this point, so many "WTF" things about this case. If you could post the ticket/narrow down the Issuing Officer/Agency it could really help narrow down what likely happened. I can't imagine CPD or OSHP pulling this kind of Crap, although Suburb Cops/Sheriff's?, Definitely.

Not true. Court costs are included whether you appear or not. They are included in the total amount. If you appear, then the judge has the discretion to reduce the fine as far as he wants but typically the court costs remain the same.

my wife would not have acted like that with the cop.., I'm willing to bet that she just sat there crying the entire time until the cop let her go... and for the record she was not ragging... she's not due until next week for the red flow... The only person she's a bitch to is me. I can tell you that beyond a shadow of a doubt... I have to deal with returning stuff because she gives in to aggressive sales men...

Just got a misdirected PM from Exodous:

Some stellar guys we have on here I tell ya.

Honestly I think he should take it to court, paying the fine just gives Officer Cocksucker the all-clear to fuck with more undeserving people.

agreed... that was probably the nicest thing anyone's ever offered... weird part is today is my birthday so it was almost like he was offering a birthday gift without even knowing me.

With that being said, I did respectfully decline his offer, but man, that's a hell of a thing to offer to a complete stranger and he deserves whatever positive ju ju that goes his way!!

we went ahead and paid the ticket today because I wasn't going to be able to get off of work on monday for the court hearing. it's a real shame that cops can get away with this...

What exactly did HE get away with? Sounds like you didn't get the whole story.

125 dollars for a seat belt "improperly being worn" sounds like highway robbery and as far as turn.... no idea how it says that, she turned on green, thus why no ticket... sounds more likely that is why it's a "warning"

125 dollars for a seat belt "improperly being worn" sounds like highway robbery and as far as turn.... no idea how it says that, she turned on green, thus why no ticket... sounds more likely that is why it's a "warning"

What are you having a hard time understanding? He gave her a break for the improper turn. "Thus why no ticket"..............What does that even mean? He could have cited her for that AND the SB but instead gave her a warning on a more expensive violation. Pretty simple really. What would you have complained about if she had received an improper turn citation? I'll repeat, she didn't tell you the whole story.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj196/smokin5s/example_zps44cb5748.jpg

she turned right on a green light and was stopped at a red light to turn left onto Lyra when the cop came and made a u-turn... SHE WAS NOT TURNING AND HAD NOT MAD AN ILLEGAL TURN.... AS A MATTER OF FACT, EVEN IF THE LIGHT OFF THE FREEWAY WAS RED, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TURN RIGHT ON RED RIGHT THERE.... Maybe a picture of how the road there looks.... and the ticket even states Gemeni Place right on the ticket, or are you going to tell me that she's lying about that too?

here's the best I could show you and why would my wife and child both lie to me... I trust my wife sorry that you don't trust yours to tell you the truth...

Anyways the point of this thread was to find out about an overpriced ticket and you damn well should believe it's over priced when everything I read says 30 for seatbelt as well as I was trying to find out if there even is such a thing as improper seatbelt when she had it on, just under her arm instead of over her shoulder.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj196/smokin5s/example_zps44cb5748.jpg

she turned right on a green light and was stopped at a red light to turn left onto Lyra when the cop came and made a u-turn... SHE WAS NOT TURNING AND HAD NOT MAD AN ILLEGAL TURN.... AS A MATTER OF FACT, EVEN IF THE LIGHT OFF THE FREEWAY WAS RED, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TURN RIGHT ON RED RIGHT THERE.... Maybe a picture of how the road there looks.... and the ticket even states Gemeni Place right on the ticket, or are you going to tell me that she's lying about that too?

here's the best I could show you and why would my wife and child both lie to me... I trust my wife sorry that you don't trust yours to tell you the truth...

Anyways the point of this thread was to find out about an overpriced ticket and you damn well should believe it's over priced when everything I read says 30 for seatbelt as well as I was trying to find out if there even is such a thing as improper seatbelt when she had it on, just under her arm instead of over her shoulder.

I'll tell you what. Call the court and tell them that your wife would like to appear and contest the reason for the stop which if she's right it will make the SB ticket unlawful. You can got to court with her and listen to and watch the traffic stop from the officers' in-car and see what actually happened and then update us.

Also, if she's turning right and doesn't use the right hand lane after she turns, that is a violation of 4511.36. You have to move into the nearest lane when turning and your pic actually supports the violation. You might want to read the ORC section next time that's listed on the ticket as a warning. (W).

I'm not going to explain the fine vs court costs AGAIN. Go to court and see who's the honest one.

• Downvote 1

What r u having a hard time understanding SHE PULLED OFF OF THE FREEWAY, HE DID A U TURN AND PULLED HER OVER, SHE HAD NOT TURNED YET. Holy shit

Dude, give it up. Trying to convince one cop that another cop doesn't piss wine and shit gold is like trying to convince you that your wife has never ever told a lie. Not gonna happen, bruh!

• Upvote 1

I'll tell you what. Call the court and tell them that your wife would like to appear and contest the reason for the stop which if she's right it will make the SB ticket unlawful. You can got to court with her and listen to and watch the traffic stop from the officers' in-car and see what actually happened and then update us.

Also, if she's turning right and doesn't use the right hand lane after she turns, that is a violation of 4511.36. You have to move into the nearest lane when turning and your pic actually supports the violation. You might want to read the ORC section next time that's listed on the ticket as a warning. (W).

I'm not going to explain the fine vs court costs AGAIN. Go to court and see who's the honest one.

Warning for the lane violation and a cite for the seat belt. Seems legit.....

Granted, it is a dick move to write for that, I wouldn't. Personally, I would have fought it.

Warning for the lane violation and a cite for the seat belt. Seems legit.....

Granted, it is a dick move to write for that, I wouldn't. Personally, I would have fought it.

How's it a dick move? Cheaper fine and no moving violation. He did her a favor and they still bitch about it. Amazing.

Dude, give it up. Trying to convince one cop that another cop doesn't piss wine and shit gold is like trying to convince you that your wife has never ever told a lie. Not gonna happen, bruh!

no shit.... it's funny how he's saying that my picture supports a turning violation cause turning right on green is now illegal. And it's pretty funny how court costs even if you don't appear in court are added... it's like going to a restaurant and saying, "Gratuity has been added for your convenience."

I don't see why my wife and daughter would both lie to me, neither one has anything to gain by lying to me as well as I'd love to see the dash camera, but some of us have real jobs to do instead of harassing and fining people for nonsense and I can't just take time off of work to fight it.

It would be awesome if I could request the dash camera footage without having to show up in court. Since Greg is a cop, maybe he can pull the footage for us :)

And for the record, I will freely admit that my wife is a horrible driver, but in this instance, I don't believe she did anything wrong.

How's it a dick move? Cheaper fine and no moving violation. He did her a favor and they still bitch about it. Amazing.

did a favor???? that's hysterical! Pull someone over for driving properly, then pull a bullshit fine out of his ass....

This topic has run it's course, we paid the ticket cause I couldn't take time off of work to fight it since I just started a new job. Moderators, nothing more will come out of this topic, so it can be locked up.

A dick move because..... sometimes it is better to inform the public of the law and how it may pertain to their situation. Just because I/you have a book full of tickets, I/you don't have to use them.

In reality, he could have stopped and informed about the lane violation, and while there, inform the proper use of the said safety device and how it is a violation to use it in a different fashion, it is called officer discretion.

I find this funny, I had to take the Sheriff's (where I work) Explorer in for service on Thursday, he had both front seat belts behind his front seats and plugged into the buckle end of it. Maybe I should have wrote him a ticket for improper use?

He (the officer) may have done her a favor by warning on one and citing on the other, but he could have done her a solid by just giving her a warning on both if she had a clean driving record, a thing I have done many times, as a citation and cash extraction usually only makes people hate the police and people will tend to buck the system worse, a little help and training goes a long way.

• Upvote 1

well said...

I can't seem to stress this enough, she didn't make an illegal turn.... you CAN turn on red (and that's assuming that she lied to me since she said the light was green), so that "warning" that he said was either just something he wrote on the ticket but didn't say something to her because he needed a "reason" to pull her over since he can't pull someone over for improper seatbelt, or nonsense in the first place. Obviously her being my wife, I ride with her from time to time and I know she never turns on red anyways because she's petrified about turn signal cameras.

BTW, she does have a clean driving record.

well said...

I can't seem to stress this enough, she didn't make an illegal turn.... you CAN turn on red (and that's assuming that she lied to me since she said the light was green), so that "warning" that he said was either just something he wrote on the ticket but didn't say something to her because he needed a "reason" to pull her over since he can't pull someone over for improper seatbelt, or nonsense in the first place. Obviously her being my wife, I ride with her from time to time and I know she never turns on red anyways because she's petrified about turn signal cameras.

BTW, she does have a clean driving record.

Her turn was not illegal, she did not maintain the right lane after making her turn, based on the ORC code, she must have made her turn and then immediately changed into the left lane. As I said, I think a warning would have sufficed for both violations, IMO.