question for LEO

smokin5s

no shit.... it's funny how he's saying that my picture supports a turning violation cause turning right on green is now illegal. And it's pretty funny how court costs even if you don't appear in court are added... it's like going to a restaurant and saying, "Gratuity has been added for your convenience."

I don't see why my wife and daughter would both lie to me, neither one has anything to gain by lying to me as well as I'd love to see the dash camera, but some of us have real jobs to do instead of harassing and fining people for nonsense and I can't just take time off of work to fight it.

It would be awesome if I could request the dash camera footage without having to show up in court. Since Greg is a cop, maybe he can pull the footage for us :)

And for the record, I will freely admit that my wife is a horrible driver, but in this instance, I don't believe she did anything wrong.

I would write this in crayon if I could so maybe you could understand. I never said anything about a right on red. Now listen, if she turned right and didn't maintain the lane curb lane initially but just moved into the left lane to make her next turn at the light like you explained then it's a violation. KNOW THE LAW BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH, Period. Be a big boy and go to court or ask your wife what the officer REALLY told her.

I realize that you and spectra think EVERYONE should get warnings all the time but it's called being held accountable for your actions a not whining like a b*tch. She got a break believe it or not. He did use discretion and you guys still cry.

You have a real job but can't afford a SB ticket because of your "Limited income" without making a thread about it. Never said I was a cop. Just can read and comprehend the law and don't blame others every time something doesn't go my way.

• Downvote 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what she was pulled over for... she got off 71 onto Gemini, turned into the left turn lane, cop did a u-turn, pulled her over, yelled at her about my CCW, then wrote a seatbelt ticket... wife cries, she gets a ticket for 125 dollars for a failure to wear seat belt properly, cop is on his merry way now knowing that he's made the city a bit safer fining an unemployed woman in a grocery getter for wearing her seatbelt but not the way that he finds suitable....

There's your violation right there in your (her) own words. At the beginning of this thread I tried to explain to you likely happened but all you wanted to do was talk uninformed shit.

Buckeye 6.0 if you're not the police in real life please don't ever become one. The way you got your panties in a bunch over this thread shows exactly what kind of po-po you are or would be. The piece of shit kind.

Take a chill pill and go beat up on some unarmed perpetrator or something.

Her turn was not illegal, she did not maintain the right lane after making her turn, based on the ORC code, she must have made her turn and then immediately changed into the left lane. As I said, I think a warning would have sufficed for both violations, IMO.

if you've ever been up there, I honestly don't know how you could maintain any lane for very long if you want to make that left turn....

Buckeye 6.0 if you're not the police in real life please don't ever become one. The way you got your panties in a bunch over this thread shows exactly what kind of po-po you are or would be. The piece of shit kind.

Take a chill pill and go beat up on some unarmed perpetrator or something.

Read the thread from the beginning. What I said in an informative way from the start is obviously what happened. The OP turned it into a bitch fest because of a lack of knowledge.

I would write this in crayon if I could so maybe you could understand. I never said anything about a right on red. Now listen, if she turned right and didn't maintain the lane curb lane initially but just moved into the left lane to make her next turn at the light like you explained then it's a violation. KNOW THE LAW BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH, Period. Be a big boy and go to court or ask your wife what the officer REALLY told her.

I realize that you and spectra think EVERYONE should get warnings all the time but it's called being held accountable for your actions a not whining like a b*tch. She got a break believe it or not. He did use discretion and you guys still cry.

You have a real job but can't afford a SB ticket because of your "Limited income" without making a thread about it. Never said I was a cop. Just can read and comprehend the law and don't blame others every time something doesn't go my way.

Dayummm. Fatality

I don't think everyone should get a warning, nor do I think no one should get a ticket. By the letter of the law, she committed a violation, a LEO seeing the violation has a few options, cite, warn either written or verbally, or do nothing. A lot of people do not know that they are to maintain the closest lane when making a turn, this gives the LEO another option, to teach, it is officer discretion, but if someone isn't a shit bag, and doesn't have a zillion violations for the same thing, what is the benefit of not showing them the error and giving a warning?

You never said you were LEO, but in the header is says "a question for LEO's", so why answer? I will tell you I am LEO, have been for 23 years, I have worked with the guys that would write 25 tickets a shift, like it was a personal challenge, most of them are security guards today.

as far as reading and comprehending, as I was taught when going through the academy, everyone will interrupt the law differently, from the police, to the prosecutor to the judge and finally the jury. You are apparently none of the above or maybe you are, I don't really care. But the truth is, most cops are not assbag's, but every once in a while, you stumble across one, been there done that myself.

I don't think everyone should get a warning, nor do I think no one should get a ticket. By the letter of the law, she committed a violation, a LEO seeing the violation has a few options, cite, warn either written or verbally, or do nothing. A lot of people do not know that they are to maintain the closest lane when making a turn, this gives the LEO another option, to teach, it is officer discretion, but if someone isn't a shit bag, and doesn't have a zillion violations for the same thing, what is the benefit of not showing them the error and giving a warning?

You never said you were LEO, but in the header is says "a question for LEO's", so why answer? I will tell you I am LEO, have been for 23 years, I have worked with the guys that would write 25 tickets a shift, like it was a personal challenge, most of them are security guards today.

as far as reading and comprehending, as I was taught when going through the academy, everyone will interrupt the law differently, from the police, to the prosecutor to the judge and finally the jury. You are apparently none of the above or maybe you are, I don't really care. But the truth is, most cops are not assbag's, but every once in a while, you stumble across one, been there done that myself.

It wasn't your decision on this particular stop and since you weren't there, you don't know exactly what transpired do you and whether or not a citation was the best course of action. I shouldn't have to explain this to you if you have been a LEO for 23 yrs. And if you weren't paying attention, he did give her a warning for the most serious and expensive offense.