Auto insurance, referral needed, wh has teenage drivers

wnaplay1647545503

We switched to esurance about 6 months after our son started driving 2 years ago. At first the rate was phenomenal however now the rate is ridiculous increasing nearly 300%. When I questioned the rate increase I get some generic answer stating the cost of doing business in Ohio has increased. Zero accidents or tickets in decades by any driver and I just cant see this kind of increase. So who does everyone else use and what kind of rates are you seeing with teenage drivers? My son is an adult now and graduated however I have another who will be able to drive in less than a year. My latest rate was $1550 every 6 months for full coverage on 3 vehicles(only a few dollars more to have full coverage). I remember having coverage on 5 vehicles just before my son was added and we were only around $400/6 months. I would just have my son get his own policy but unfortunately it still wouldn't help my rates as they claimed as long as he lives close enough to have access to my cars my rates would stay the same despite if he moved out and considering he has his own vehicle. This all seem excessive for something we only use a combined total of about 100 miles a week. I don't drive that much, my wife just drives a few miles to the shop and might son doesn't go anywhere.

My son is 15 and a half. We have been quoted $600 per year for our 16 to be added to our current policy. Our policy is currently $1000 and we three vehicles on the policy through Farmers. The classics are thru Hagerty.

I would just have my son get his own policy but unfortunately it still wouldn't help my rates as they claimed as long as he lives close enough to have access to my cars my rates would stay the same despite if he moved out and considering he has his own vehicle.=.

Esurance pulled that crap on me as well with me on my parents policy.

GO with some one else and have him on his own policy, only down fall is usually with this route is if he lives with you, you have to exclude him from your policy so he cant drive your cars.

Mine went up about $40 or so back in February. Same time I got my wife a new card.

it was always $140 a month for the past few years. When I asked them about it they said the insurance company put Gahanna in Columbus (due to the zip code) and I guess it's more expensive to insure a car in Cbus rather than Gahanna.