Home natural gas hook up to grill??

Forrest Gump 9

Like the title said, is it possible to hook up the home's natural gas to the grill? Ie, replace the propane tank in the grill.

In the back of our house there's a natural gas line. It has a valve and a cap on. The previous owner said he used to hook it up to his grill. I went to the local hardware store this afternoon and ask one of the clerk about the gas line hook up. He freaked out and act like I just murder his mom.

Like the title said, is it possible to hook up the home's natural gas to the grill? Ie, replace the propane tank in the grill.

yes, you need to change out the regulator and orifices. You can drill them out to 1/16" You can go up to 3/32" but I would start small. They sell kits for various grills too. I would suggest you contact the grill manufacturer.

We do it all the time (plumbing) very easy once you make sure everything is to code and correct amount of NG can be had. I would very much suggest consulting a licensed plumber.

Kits are relatively cheep to switch to NG on a grill also.

As for the local hardware store clerk he was probably in lumber the previous day and riding lawn mowers the next. He might know the product but very rarely has had hands on experience.

PM me if you want any further info.