Alum Creek

gaewsky1

I figured I'd post this non boat question here:

I was at Buckeye Lake and ate at Papa Boo's with the wife and kids. It was nice sitting on their deck overlooking the water. I live a lot closer to Alum Creek, but have never gone, and was wondering if there are any bars/restaurants around Alum Creek?

I figured I'd post this non boat question here:

I was at Buckeye Lake and ate at Papa Boo's with the wife and kids. It was nice sitting on their deck overlooking the water. I live a lot closer to Alum Creek, but have never gone, and was wondering if there are any bars/restaurants around Alum Creek?

I live 10 mins from Alum and this is why I go to Buckeye every weekend.

There is nothing on the water at Alum

Yeah thats the down fall to alum no bars/ restaurants. But hey you can swim in alum with out feeling like your going to die. :lol:

Two hours in the water at Buckeye and my toe nails turned yellow, LOL.

When you anchor in the swim areas at Buckeye you get to watch all the boats fly by. At Alum you don't get to see that at all.

When you anchor in the swim areas at Buckeye you get to watch all the boats fly by. At Alum you don't get to see that at all.

Buckeye is a little shallow for your boat, isn't it? Did you get it put back together yet?

Edit** That is why you bring a well stocked cooler and a good group of friends to Alum. Raft up and have your own party! Depending on where you anchor at Alum you have a great view of the other boats flying by...?

-Marc

Edited by AngryBMW

Thats vial. How deep is the swim area at buckeye? North of 36 on alum is 20+ in most spots.

Buckeye is a little shallow for your boat, isn't it? Did you get it put back together yet?

Edit** That is why you bring a well stocked cooler and a good group of friends to Alum. Raft up and have your own party! Depending on where you anchor at Alum you have a great view of the other boats flying by...?

-Marc

The boat is not done yet, I'll have a big update after this weekend.

If you know the lake the depth is not much of an issue. I just make sure I pay attention to where my trim is all the time and look to see if I'm string up mud before I attempt to get on plane.

There are much larger boats than mine on Buckeye.

I was at alum this past weekend and I really liked all the coves that you can sneak into and not worry about boat traffic, the "new" swim area was packed so I avoided that. Buckeye sounds like a shit hole and I will never go there!!

FWIW I go to Delaware state park with my boat and its way less crowded and much more laid back.

I was at alum this past weekend and I really liked all the coves that you can sneak into and not worry about boat traffic, the "new" swim area was packed so I avoided that. Buckeye sounds like a shit hole and I will never go there!!

FWIW I go to Delaware state park with my boat and its way less crowded and much more laid back.

What boat do you have?

I prefer alum over buckeye. Screw bars/restaurants on the water. Bring a cooler or two and you can drink and eat your heart out. They make portable grills that hang over edge of the boat. Few beers at bar prices < case of beer in my cooler. And buckeye is nasty.

You can also go on scioto, we go there during the week as it's a lot closer to home. I can get there from downtown in 10min.

I prefer alum over buckeye. Screw bars/restaurants on the water. Bring a cooler or two and you can drink and eat your heart out. They make portable grills that hang over edge of the boat. Few beers at bar prices < case of beer in my cooler. And buckeye is nasty.

You can also go on scioto, we go there during the week as it's a lot closer to home. I can get there from downtown in 10min.

You know it's illegal to drink alcohol in a state park right? What do you think Alum is? Just sayin.

You know it's illegal to drink alcohol in a state park right? What do you think Alum is? Just sayin.

Seriously? That line of thinking can go on FOREVER...

http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_mpkeg4Rg831rjnz0wo1_500.gif

haha, nice one Paul.

Illegal to drink on a boat, period. (outside of Lake Erie)

Stupid, Ohio's boating laws are stupid.

Illegal to drink on a boat, period. (outside of Lake Erie)

Stupid, Ohio's boating laws are stupid.

Aye. Can't wait to be on Cumberland next month. Don't need a 3rd either for watersports.

Aye. Can't wait to be on Cumberland next month. Don't need a 3rd either for watersports.

Depending on where you are putting in you will need to buy beer before entering the county of the marina you go to...

I love Cumberland and will be there over the 4th :)

-Marc

The boat is not done yet, I'll have a big update after this weekend.

If you know the lake the depth is not much of an issue. I just make sure I pay attention to where my trim is all the time and look to see if I'm string up mud before I attempt to get on plane.

There are much larger boats than mine on Buckeye.

I know that...but I never seem to see many go-fast boats out there. I know I don't know the lake well and I dinged my brand new prob there pretty good last year in the middle of the lake. I will go back, but will be paying a lot more attention.

-Marc