Tire Help...

The Man of Steele

Got some new wheels , I know jack shit about tires . Want to make an informed purchase so some 8 dollar an hour sucker butt at Joes Tire shop, doesn't take his kids to disney on me.

THINGS I KNOW:

Recommended sizes,

Front 275-35-18

Rear 285-35-18

I drive alot , like alot alot. Part of my job is driving in my car mainly city, also I make 125 mile round trip 2

times a week all highway. Then in the tiny amount of free time I have I like to go for rides and beat on the car.

things I don't know:

Everything Else

Edited by The Man of Steele
my penis is large

Got some new wheels , I know jack shit about tires . Want to make an informed purchase, so some 8 dollar an hour sucker butt at Joes Tire shop doesn't take his kids to disney on me.

THINGS I KNOW:

Recommended sizes,

Front 275-35-18

Rear 285-35-18

I drive alot , like alot alot. Part of my job is driving in my car mainly city, also I make 125 mile round trip 2

times a week all highway. Then in the tiny amount of free time I have I like to go for rides and beat on the car.

things I don't know:

Everything Else

Such a dismal difference in sizes. If they are the same size, then they can be rotated to maximize tread wear; pick the 275 if the front can't take 285.

What car is this that it needs an unusual combo? Also, tires in that size range aren't inexpensive unless they are no-name brands.

What does your definition of "beat on the car" entail? Road course, autocross, drag, drift, dirt rally, spirited driving on twisty roads?

Even if they rim size is different it won't be a extra inch for 10mm you should be able to run 275 all the way without any issue. Also with that tire size your going to be limited on selection. Is this a all year thing to drive that much?

295-35-18

305-30-18

315-30-18

are what you should consider for the rear. i can get you some pricing tomorrow morning if you'd like.

cpl questions

do you drive it year round?

would you sacrifice traction for tread life or vice versa?

Pretty sure I'm going with these

http://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/PT+722/601924/2000/FORD/MUSTANG/0-V623238L/00237/#BVRRWidgetID

or the good year f1 asy both are in the 2xx range and are all season though my stock wheels will be on the car in winter. Ideas comments ?

I will say first hand the f1s are a pretty hard compound and will def wear quickly if driving that much everyday. Doesn't help your ratio has such a small sidewall as is. Whatever tire you go with with the amount of driving and conditions you do I would guess you will probably get about 2 years out of them. Might want to see if you can get a used set for less than half the cost of new

Michelins are my favorite.

The link I posted is for the specific tires I like. The warranty is for 50k miles (half with different front/rear sizes, but I have over 100k on mine. It was for my work car with similar driving conditions. Not bad in winter either.