Emerson Network Power - Various "critical" job openings

Rally Pat

My work has some jobs they are trying to fill and have labeled them critical.

Full Disclosure: I get a referral bonus if you sign up.

Here is the list from the internal email. let me know.

· Director, Inventory Management (Columbus, OH)

· Oracle Program Manager (Westerville, OH) -

· Business Solution Manager – CRM (Westerville, OH) -

· Controls Market Manager (Columbus, OH) -

· Sr. Design Engineer, Software (Columbus, OH) -

· Product Manager (Delaware, OH) -

· Sr. Product Manager (Delaware, OH) -

· Project Engineer, Electrical (Columbus, OH) -

· Channel Manager (New York, NY) -

· Account Executive (Seattle, WA) -

· Sr. Account Executive (Seattle, WA) -

· Sr. Account Executive (San Francisco, CA) -

LOL... I will say that Liebert treated me quite well when they laid me off in 2009, but by the same token, it would have been nice to get a call asking if I'd like to come back when they advertised my old position as "critical" when they realized two people couldn't handle that group's workload in 2011. I'm also hearing from my field techs that they're looking for any reason imaginable (sketchy or not) to reduce workforce in other areas, to the point that they're no longer willing to share a document of centrally collected, but openly published information simply because St. Louis has stamped "Company Confidential" on it.

In short... I'm qualified for four of those positions, and have zero interest in applying for any of them given the current corporate culture.

Now let me give you my story. I was laid off in 2008 when the economy tanked. I wandered from one job I hated to another for 3 years, when I got calls to be rehired from 3 separate people who all didn't know the others had called me. It was also the shortest job interview I had ever had, about 10 minutes, and it was mostly catching up with friends. I love my job. Emerson is an absolutely fantastic place to work with excellent benefits and a pretty awesome atmosphere. I mean hell, we just had a damn car show at work on Friday.

LOL... I will say that Liebert treated me quite well when they laid me off in 2009, but by the same token, it would have been nice to get a call asking if I'd like to come back when they advertised my old position as "critical" when they realized two people couldn't handle that group's workload in 2011. I'm also hearing from my field techs that they're looking for any reason imaginable (sketchy or not) to reduce workforce in other areas, to the point that they're no longer willing to share a document of centrally collected, but openly published information simply because St. Louis has stamped "Company Confidential" on it.

In short... I'm qualified for four of those positions, and have zero interest in applying for any of them given the current corporate culture.

Sometimes when someone gets laid off and not called back when the position reopened its because they have weeded out the dead weight. Qualified or not

Now let me give you my story. I was laid off in 2008 when the economy tanked. I wandered from one job I hated to another for 3 years, when I got calls to be rehired from 3 separate people who all didn't know the others had called me. It was also the shortest job interview I had ever had, about 10 minutes, and it was mostly catching up with friends. I love my job. Emerson is an absolutely fantastic place to work with excellent benefits and a pretty awesome atmosphere. I mean hell, we just had a damn car show at work on Friday.

I will say it's not the worst place I have worked, but I have absolutely no respect for David Farr (CEO) though I understand what he is about. From what I understand it was a much better place to work when Ralph Liebert was alive and running the show. For what it is worth I am hourly, maybe salary folks are treated better, idk.

Strange timing for this thread, actually. I'm likely meeting a Liebert startup tech at the new Riverside Hospital Tower this Thursday or Friday. Will any of you guys in this thread happen to be him? Should be for a pair of CRAC units.

Sometimes when someone gets laid off and not called back when the position reopened its because they have weeded out the dead weight. Qualified or not

Yeah, because writing Excel sheets to cut quote times by 10x, being the lead app engineer for corp acquisitions and new product development, and being the only person on the team NOT in a protected class means I'm dead weight. :megusta:

I will say it's not the worst place I have worked, but I have absolutely no respect for David Farr (CEO) though I understand what he is about. From what I understand it was a much better place to work when Ralph Liebert was alive and running the show. For what it is worth I am hourly, maybe salary folks are treated better, idk.

Pretty much this... all the "old timers" would share stories of Ralph, and even up until maybe 2005 or so, things were pretty much left alone. Then Farr started the whole "One Emerson" drive, where the brand names were changed to "adjectives" in favor of the corporate name, and all that crap. It's not a Liebert, it's not an Alber, it's not an ASCO. It's an Emerson. A who?!? Yeah. Others in the management chain have been doing things just to appear busy, or change for the sake of change. And it's getting worse.

Yeah, because writing Excel sheets to cut quote times by 10x, being the lead app engineer for corp acquisitions and new product development, and being the only person on the team NOT in a protected class means I'm dead weight. :megusta:

It seems (at least from my perspective) like they do layoff's for salary based jobs based on the buddy system. There are some real worthless people here and some good workers that are no longer here. It's all about your golf game...

Strange timing for this thread, actually. I'm likely meeting a Liebert startup tech at the new Riverside Hospital Tower this Thursday or Friday. Will any of you guys in this thread happen to be him? Should be for a pair of CRAC units.

Emerson doesn't have in-house CRAC techs like they do for UPS and monitoring products. They train and contract with local HVAC shops (Columbus-Worthington, Mid-Ohio, etc) for that stuff.

It seems (at least from my perspective) like they do layoff's for salary based jobs based on the buddy system. There are some real worthless people here and some good workers that are no longer here. It's all about your golf game...

Certainly possible... One in my group who survived was buddy-buddy with the manager before being sent on a five-year deployment, and hadn't even been back six months. Another was also prior military and just had a baby. Me... single, childless, renting, and not in an EEO/ADA "protected" class. Easy target. But at the same time, when they gave me the generic "Job title - Age" list of who was laid off, and who survived, it was pretty obvious who else got chopped, and between that and the severance they gave me, I wasn't feeling too bad.

I worked at Liebert in manufacturing at the turn of the century(sounds strange) and have had a few jobs in my life. The Liebert job is the only one that I have ever LOVED! I was left alone to be as productive as I wanted, and my production and quality numbers were not exceeded in my department. But, at the time atleast, they laid off based on seniority so I got axed and the people who had been there 10-15+ years kept their jobs. In 2008 I was offered a position at the same time as another offer and accepted the non Liebert job because it was closer.

• 2 weeks later...