04 VW Jetta GLS fs $3700

HotCarl

Selling my 04 Jetta GLS.

- 2.0 four cylinder engine (non-turbo, FWD)

- Automatic transmission

- Black Leather interior / Silver exterior

- Heated seats

- power windows/locks

- CD/Cassette Monsoon Stereo (stock)

- side curtain airbags (front and back)

- Good tires and brakes

- Sunroof

- 141k miles

Recent maintenance done:

New fuel pump

New ignition coil

Timing belt done AT 100k miles (plus accessory belts done)

The bad:

Needs a passenger side, front wheel bearing

Needs a new catalytic converter

small spot of surface rust on the driver side rocker panel (under the door)

This car runs and drives fine. There is a hum at highway speeds due to the wheel bearing. The 'cat' is bad so the check engine light is on and there is a rattle when the car sits at idle but other than those symptoms there are NO drive ability issues. Car starts and runs fine. I have gotten quotes for both of these issues and it should cost around $280 for the wheel bearing and $300 for the cat (quote from Mad Hatter Muffler on the west side).

Price is $3700, sorry not interested in barter or trades. Email is the best way to get a hold of me rse7en@yahoo . The car is available to be seen in the morning/lunch hours or anytime on the weekend in the Dublin area. Title is clean and in hand.

This was the same posting i put on Craigslist, i might be willing to negotiate the price for a CR member. Thanks

EDIT: Price Dropped to $2500 OBO on CR.

Edited by HotCarl

So after thinking about it awhile I decided I'm going to drop the price down to $2500 OBO for CR.

Originally I compared similar cars, years/makes/models and mileage that were going for way more than I was asking but there are two issues that need to be addressed so I think dropping the price is fair.

I'll edit the original post but cant edit the original post title unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...