Hail damage

Forrest Gump 9

Just wondering if anyone gets the hails last night. We live off of Rome/Hilliard and I70, and around 1:15 last night the hail hit for a good five minutes. My neighbor Civic got damage physically/visually. My Odyssey park right behind the Civic and I can't visually see any damage. Should I contact my insurance or should I just go to a body shop and get it check?

I live in SW Cbus. I don't recall hearing any though I was in the middle of a 40min coughing fit at the time you gave. :mad:

I'll have to go check the car in a bit.

As far as your car goes, if you can't find any damage, then don't bother. Be sure to move the van around to really get a good luck at the surfaces. Many people have NO IDEA how extensive the hail damage is on the Vibe even when they're standing next to it. You gotta get the right angle and then you're like, "Holy shit, that's a lot of speed divets!" I wish it would hail on it again. lol

If there is damage, is it worth paying the deductible or can you find a repair cheaper elsewhere and keep it off the insurance? Anyway, those are my only inexperienced opinions on hail damage.

Mark, at Dent Mender, http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?u=7205 is a sponsor here and has an excellent eye for any dent or damage. He's done work on a half dozen of my cars and I can't speak highly enough of him.

I hope you find your car wasn't damaged, but if it was, Mark can make it like new again.

Just wondering if anyone gets the hails last night. We live off of Rome/Hilliard and I70, and around 1:15 last night the hail hit for a good five minutes. My neighbor Civic got damage physically/visually. My Odyssey park right behind the Civic and I can't visually see any damage. Should I contact my insurance or should I just go to a body shop and get it check?

ugh, i guess i have to go outside annd look at the truck. That hail was nasty. (we leave near there as well) It was only Pea size but the wind was so harsh..

Hiliardrome/Wilson Road area was so loud last night. Love thunderstorms but our power flickerd and Im home alone right now, so i felt irrationally panicky for some reason.

Edited by damreds

Better look at my car too, I live right off Hilliard Rome.

I pray the hail damaged my siding. I need to replace this aluminum haha.

Good Luck, mines somehow has NEVER been replaced despite every single person around me getting done. :(

It certainly woke me up at 1:30 last night. I'm at Trabue and 270. Sounded like armageddon, banging on the skylights. Then the power went out for a couple of hours. But apart from a few leaves in the yard, didn't see any apparent damage. I'll have a closer look this evening once I'm back home in the daylight. All the cars were garaged, thankfully.