996 Alignment - Yikes

zeitgeist57

If you ask me dude deserved it. You don't take a Porsche, any Porsche to a National Chain. You do the work yourself or get someone you absolutely trust to "touch" it. You don't take it to Grismer tire on the fucking Hilltop.

EDIT; Just re-watched it and thought I heard "did this just come from a body shop?"...maybe not dudes fault after all.

Welcome to every tire chain in America. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't heard shit like that at Firestone. Sounds like grumpy old shit's who just wanna bump the toe in and be done in 5 minutes and collect their 1.2 hour.

I'm not surprised at all. Bitching about shit you shouldn't be working on is pretty normal, driving through the grass and being a complete asshat with the dude's car is over the top. Stupid people running stores like that feel that they can't let any bussiness get away, no matter what it is, if they should be messing with it or not. When they should be informing the customer that he should take it somewhere with the proper tools (if there are any reset procedures), and the proper training, it's not like they're aligning a chevy. I can just picture the arguement the tech had with the counter person when he was handed the RO. There's a lot of stupid here, not just the tech, but the car owner for going there, and the dumbass that wrote that up.

i don't see any problem with this. so he drove it through the grass, big whoop

This is surprising..

lack of respect for the customer's car.... would you like for them to do that with your car?

Exactly..

This is why I choose to always have a good relationship with whoever is servicing my car. If you aren't comfortable with me hanging out with you while you do it, no thanks.

This is surprising..

Exactly..

This is why I choose to always have a good relationship with whoever is servicing my car. If you aren't comfortable with me hanging out with you while you do it, no thanks.

I'm cool with it... The hugs are weird though.

LOL, I have been using Grismer for years, they always do good work and have never had a issue. Hell they covered the tow for my Jeep when my starter died after having the CPS replaced made sure the it was the starter that was out, got it started and sent me on my way.

This is why I am always surprised by how many people on the Jaguar forums post looking for cheap places to fix their car. You would think that if you got what you think is a bad ass car you would only want the best people to touch it. Apparently a significant amount of people don't mind spending a lot to purchase a car but then want to cheap out on the maintenance/repairs. Sucks that it happened but the guy deserves it for taking it there.

I feel some of you are missing the point and I really don't know how.

I don't give a shit what kinda car it is. You don't want the business, send them away like a dumbass. Oh wait, that guy's an employee. This means shut the fuck up and do your job right.

"Well, they treated me good when I took my car there", is not an excuse for this shop. A KKK member may treat you good because your white, but that doesn't mean they're good people. In other words, if you want people to have respect and trust in your business, you treat everyone AND whatever they're driving equally.

"Well, they should've taken a Porsche elsewhere", is not an excuse for this a shop. I can understand where you're coming from, but their fucking job is to do the work and do it right showing the same respect they would for any other car sans personal reasons or preferences. Plus, it's not your fucking store, employee. You don't like your job, quit it.

Christian- I have worked in these type shops, and trust me when I say, they are not equiped to do it properly. Same thing goes with many cars that have reset procedures to keep the stabliy systems and other electronics working properly. It's not like tire shops train their employees on doing this stuff correctly anyway, cranking on tie rods and shipping a car is not a proper alignment on anything, let alone a Porsche. As I stated above I think the tech is about worthless too, but he's far from the only problem here.

Christian- I have worked in these type shops, and trust me when I say, they are not equiped to do it properly. Same thing goes with many cars that have reset procedures to keep the stabliy systems and other electronics working properly. It's not like tire shops train their employees on doing this stuff correctly anyway, cranking on tie rods and shipping a car is not a proper alignment on anything, let alone a Porsche. As I stated above I think the tech is about worthless too, but he's far from the only problem here.

I can get with that. ;)

I've never owned a Porsche but there are places I wouldn't take the Supra simply because I know they'd be lost with certain things. Still, they should've sent him elsewhere if they can't or don't want to perform the work. The employee should shut his ass up and do the work or discuss it with his manager.

Personally, I wouldn't want to turn any work away if I owned a shop. Not that I may have to as some point, but the attitude this guy had in the vid would never fly for sure. He'd be lucky not to be fired. Real damn lucky.

I may've never found myself there, but I can guarantee it, now.