BRZ 2.0

Draco-REX

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. BEST LOOKING TOYOBARU YET. :thumbup::thumbup: (Tied for Doc's, but yours looks very sinister!)

Love it!

I'll take Best BRZ, he can have Best FR-S. ;)

There are some close similarities between our cars (Flex Fuel Supercharged, 18" wheels, coil overs, etc.) but the end results are so very different. I think that really reflects well on the platform.

Looks great, aggressive but clean and not overly flashy.

What's the weight hp/tq/rpm on one of these? 300rwhp seems like it'd make that thing a rocket if it hooks!

Can someone point me to a good site with info on these cars?

Looks great, aggressive but clean and not overly flashy.

What's the weight hp/tq/rpm on one of these? 300rwhp seems like it'd make that thing a rocket if it hooks!

Can someone point me to a good site with info on these cars?

2750 wet w/o driver. Stock 200bhp 151tq. 7400rpm red line. DynoJets put stock ones at around 160rwhp.

My car is probably closer to 2800 with the new blower, radiators, etc. I've shaved some weight here and there, but I'm sure I'm not ahead of the gain.

There are some close similarities between our cars (Flex Fuel Supercharged, 18" wheels, coil overs, etc.) but the end results are so very different. I think that really reflects well on the platform.

I couldn't have formulated this idea any better. I've always felt yours was the best looking one I've seen ... now it's one of the fastest around, too.

I understand that dealers are discounting new 2014 stock down to 21k. It's a great opportunity for someone to pick one up and use it as a base to build his personalized supercar, as you have did.

Well done! :thumbup:

I took a nearby FR-S owner for a spin in it tonight. He was grinning like a fool. :)

I'll tell ya, it's a completely different beast when I can roll off the line and then punch it and break a pair of 265s loose. :D

Bill @ Delicious looks to be doing some great things.

Looks like a guy just had his stg 2 e85 car dyno'd today. Looks great. My only concern with the roots kit is the heat generated during HPDE's. Is there much data on that? That would be my reasoning for going with a Vortech kit. Even if it doesn't make the torque.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq288/efrue57/86/2B602895-8312-45BA-9BBF-E879B83DB845.png

Looks like a guy just had his stg 2 e85 car dyno'd today. Looks great. My only concern with the roots kit is the heat generated during HPDE's. Is there much data on that? That would be my reasoning for going with a Vortech kit. Even if it doesn't make the torque.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq288/efrue57/86/2B602895-8312-45BA-9BBF-E879B83DB845.png

It look like dyno for an NA s2k with a Cam/Headers/tune

And less RPM

284rwhp is about 334hp at the crank. Very nice. Not quite the 300 I was expecting, but still a good bit of power in a 2800lb car.

Quite a few people track this setup. The intercooler is supposedly key for track days. I have noticed that the runners get very hot. So I'm going to look into some cooling options. There's a vented hood that looks good. But I think I'll try the old trick of removing the weatherstrip at the back first.

I also had the crazy idea of putting a couple NACA ducts in the hood to send outside air directly over the runners. But that would require some more work to make sure that amount of air or more leaves the engine bay as well...

284rwhp is about 334hp at the crank. Very nice. Not quite the 300 I was expecting, but still a good bit of power in a 2800lb car.

Quite a few people track this setup. The intercooler is supposedly key for track days. I have noticed that the runners get very hot. So I'm going to look into some cooling options. There's a vented hood that looks good. But I think I'll try the old trick of removing the weatherstrip at the back first.

I also had the crazy idea of putting a couple NACA ducts in the hood to send outside air directly over the runners. But that would require some more work to make sure that amount of air or more leaves the engine bay as well...

Good to know. Im still about a year out or so before doing FI.. Im about 2 tanks in on E85 right now with full exhaust and its actually "not bad" there is a decent amount of torque and pulls well up top. It'll do until I get a few irons out of the fire.

Good to know. Im still about a year out or so before doing FI.. Im about 2 tanks in on E85 right now with full exhaust and its actually "not bad" there is a decent amount of torque and pulls well up top. It'll do until I get a few irons out of the fire.

I need to talk to you too!

Not a problem. You can drive it too. Just remember that it doesn't have a fancy-pants whiz-bang AWD system. ;)

LOL.

A ride is sufficient, I'm having fun sliding my stock BRZ around round-about's on it's stock prius tires, already have tires on order, these will be intolerable for autocross.