AWD Issues

mrhobbz

Having an issue with my 06' Saab 9-7X (5.3L AWD trailblazer platform?)

I went to grab groceries and everything was fine until i was turning around in the culdesac in my neighborhood. I had the AC on and the radio going, at first I thought it was stalling but it's not wanting to move in turns, almost like its trying to drag the front or back wheels (i honestly couldn't determine which) My buddy Eric suggested changing the transfer case fluid, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Also does anyone know the member here that works at/owns that shop on harrisburg pike? I may tow it over there and have them look at it.

P.S.

It's not throwing any dash lights, no drive train light, no check engine light, nothing.

Did you have the wheel turned all the way to the lock? I'm thinking it could be a cv axle binding.

No, but it was close. I pulled it up in the driveway and it did it again (not even close to the steering lock). It wasn't scrubbing (chirping like it was dragging) the tires it just felt like it lost power until I came to a complete stop and straightened it out. I've read it could be the "encoder motor" on the transfer case, anyone know if I can simply disconnect/pull it off and still drive it to test that theory?

I'm a complete noob when it comes to AWD, all the vehicles I've ever worked on were 2wd