WTB Go-Kart project

zeitgeist57

Over the 4th of July weekend, I picked up a 3hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight and re-powered a mini-bike my FiL got for free. My daughter and her cousins enjoyed playing around in it and I was very pleased with how well the HF engine ran for just over $75.

Does anyone on CR have a cheap old go-kart that needs work? I'm looking to fix up a kart for my son and daughter to use as a step-up from the Barbie Powerwheels Jeep we've had for the last 4 years (Thanks, Kevin!). I'd like to avoid CL as much as possible. I have access to a welder and would welcome the opportunity to use it. Thanks!

A minibike guy, huh!?!?!

I have 5 minibikes right now but only one that's ridable, I just had it out last night for my cool down lap after mowing. You can't beat the harbor freight motors really for the price, I have one that I pulled off my minibike to put on my drift trike when I get it done.

Head over to http://www.oldminibikes.com and ask over there, tell them hemigremmy sent you.

They are a good group of folks over there and there is a More Than Two Wheels section for karts and old school trikes and stuff.

Over the 4th of July weekend, I picked up a 3hp Predator engine from Harbor Freight and re-powered a mini-bike my FiL got for free. My daughter and her cousins enjoyed playing around in it and I was very pleased with how well the HF engine ran for just over $75.

Thanks for the invite :fa:

• 4 months later...