Rat rod project ideas

boostin901

Are you going to bother with rear fenders? IMO, that would affect what you do in the front...

If anything, I'd do some trailer fenders in the rear and maybe the front, make sure they hug your tires. Fab/weld support bars that bolt to the axle in the rear to keep them on the tires. Let them rust.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/CE-Smith/CE17701G.html?feed=npn&gclid=CL2aobmpt78CFYxzMgodXQQAnQ

Then, I'd get a tractor nose w/ hood. Cut and reshape/reweld for it to mount against the entire width of the firewall. Don't worry about the framerails showing. I don't know what a "Cockshutt" is, but damn if that wouldn't be the best name running down the length of your hood. :lol::lol::lol:

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/grd/4529326338.html

Are you going to bother with rear fenders? IMO, that would affect what you do in the front...

If anything, I'd do some trailer fenders in the rear and maybe the front, make sure they hug your tires. Fab/weld support bars that bolt to the axle in the rear to keep them on the tires. Let them rust.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/CE-Smith/CE17701G.html?feed=npn&gclid=CL2aobmpt78CFYxzMgodXQQAnQ

Then, I'd get a tractor nose w/ hood. Cut and reshape/reweld for it to mount against the entire width of the firewall. Don't worry about the framerails showing. I don't know what a "Cockshutt" is, but damn if that wouldn't be the best name running down the length of your hood. :lol::lol::lol:

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/grd/4529326338.html

When he opens the hood it'd be awesome if the underside said "Cockopenn"

Is it diesel?

I would say no, I see a dizzy and spark plug wires in the pic.

If I were you op, I would wait on the front end sheetmetal until you have the turbo's mounted so you can get a good idea of what you need to build a front end. Also, leave the bed how it is and leave the front wheels open imo. And if you decide to go no hood or fenders, throw an old air cleaner and accessories on there to add to the patina'd look (again this is all opinion).

No it is no diesel unfortunately. ..and I agree about waiting in the front cuz the turbo set up is gunna take up a lot of room and for the air cleaner for now I was gunna run a 5 inch single 90 bend to a filter

I love your rat rod so don't take this the wrong way. That was a great start for a complete rebuild. I love old trucks and I know not everyone does, but with it being THAT complete orig I would have a hard time hacking it up.

Looks good though. Keep it up and keep the pics coming. :)

I love your rat rod so don't take this the wrong way. That was a great start for a complete rebuild. I love old trucks and I know not everyone does, but with it being THAT complete orig I would have a hard time hacking it up.

Looks good though. Keep it up and keep the pics coming. :)

O trust me I cringed every cut because it was all numbers matching with title ...but wasn't me lol so I made it me....and it's actually safer than most cars out on the road today no death trap

Farkas

Guest GMoney

Since your asking for advice, make it look exactly like the as bought picture minus the wood stake bed.

You can even do the rat rod stuff like attaching random license plates on the body, the stack, and the wagon wheels. That would be my recommendation. I totally get the rat rod thing just not taking a killer looking truck and making look like a normal old C10 without a front end. The grill fenders and hood make those old trucks.