Pelican Style Case needed

MattKatz

I am looking for a sturdy case similar to a pelican but not quite as expensive to use to ship a tool I am renting out. I don't want to get too much cost in it because the deposit cost of the tool will equal all the items cost combined to cover me in case it's not returned, so adding a $2-300 pelican case on a $250 tool isn't a great option for most people. I just want the tool to arrive to and from safely and I'll set it up so the tool only goes in one way really so hopefully it's semi fool proof (not idiot proof though :( )

I'm not sure on size but I'm guessing at least 24x16x8 minimum as it's a fender roller.

What do you guys suggest based on these requirements....I'm open to ideas here to keep cost down.

Slightly cheaper and equal if not superior quality are Nanuk cases. I use them to pack cameras and other electronics with me when I kayak. Some are waterproof and some are just padded and protective. May be another option.

Depending on the size of the tools, an ammo can with customized pick and pluck padding could work too.

Make a stop at Columbus camera group down near campus they have used hard cases like this and you can just buy the foam to fit your needs for the case. They will all be "gently used "

I bought my case that I keep all my lights in from them for like $40 I think

Plano, They make all types of "grades" of cases.

I carry my rifle in one of their higher end (Still cant touch pelican) cases. I think your fender roller will be just fine in one! its beefy and sturdy. just not waterproof and not quite as rigid as a pelican... But, its a heck of a lot cheaper.

This one might be too big, but its the one I have , im sure they make smaller ones. Even vances would be a good place to check. They have all different sizes.

If all else fails. Go to a music store/craigslist/ebay and buy a small instrument case. remove the interior and add foam. Boom.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-108361-Guard-Tactical-Case/dp/B0029KKWT8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1404994022&sr=8-10&keywords=plano+case