Pocket Pistol

Exodus

I am looking for a pocket pistol and I'm stuck between the following:

Taurus 738 TCP

SW Bodyguard 380

Ruger LCP

Price is a factor. Haven't heard many bad things about these above options.

What do you guys recommend?

The Bodyguard has a heavy, heavy trigger. But, that only becomes annoying while killing paper. If you're OK with the trigger, it is otherwise great to carry. Super light, great in-the-hand feel.

LCP had a lighter triiger IMO, but was not nearly as comfy.

Comfy and trigger are non-factors if the gun is ever used for its intended purpose, though.

I would go with the Ruger LC9 if I was you. Much better cartridge IMO. and still a very easy shooting gun. Its on the larger side for a pocket pistol but still very small, thin and concealable. I can carry mine wearing anything and I carry on the hip. (not the most discreet depending on the clothes).

Also it has the best sight picture out of the pocket pistols that I felt. I do have large hands though so some of the smaller ones might be better for you. I hated the LCP for the record just way to small.

Taurus in general has a poor track record. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

The LCP is a direct clone of the Kel Tec P-3AT. I have one, it's not exactly fun to shoot and its not accurate very far out, but it serves its purpose. It's been reliable and the company stands behind their products. Plus its cheap, and parts are cheap. The grip on mine broke at the rear pin, but it still fired. Plus a new one, in a better color was only about $40 shipped. They probably would have replaced it for free had I asked.

You also can't go wrong with modern S&W.

bought an LCP off someone on here a couple years ago...gun, 4 mags, 2 soft cases, and about 100 hollow points for $300. best $300 ive spent on a gun.

i usually carry it during summer when i wear lighter clothes, and carry it in my back pocket and my wallet on the other side. its so easy to conceal its stupid.

Find me one that I can buy with a GSSF coupon. Gun Envy told me today to try calling once a week.

Vance's had the most. I got mine pre ordered when a friend called and told me. They are good little shooters and the extended mag well for your finger makes it easier to handle.

I have a Taurus 738 and I have a friend who bought one used for $149 at woodburys. It shoots great. My biddy who bought the gun was in the service and has shot some hi end stuff and commented on the accuracy and smoothness of the gun.

I don't get the comment "Taurus has a poor track record" I have a 99 I bought in the early 90s and have put several thousand rounds through it. Never a ftf , stovepipe, or fte.

ALL guns have problems glocks, ruger, sig, etc.

Google reviews here is one:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/jeremy-s/gun-review-taurus-738-tcp/

Just remember what's best for you is best..Good luck with your search

mace

Edited by Mace