Damn it GLOCK!!

Mojoe

F@#$ing have hated Glock for years. The bulky , square grip, and crappy feel for my hand. It has just bugged the hell out of me for a long time. I commend them for the quality of the build, but they were a gun I have written off for a long time. Not to mention the fanboys out there are annoying. The tacticool type, of many who have them just to say they have a G LOCK, is also frustrating. It's like the Mustang of handguns and has no uniqueness.

Well, like the Mustang, Glock's 4th gen has fixed some of the personnel things I disliked. The grip is less bulky and the corners feel a lot better. It hasn't changed much in looks. Hell no, I'm not getting a Mustang! But, I might be getting a Glock to replace the .40's I just sold.

I'm not extremely well versed in other models; but I have shot enough other handguns to appreciate Glocks. Reliability and easy of disassembly/reassembly would be my main reasons. I have owned an S&W snub .38 (my wife has one actually as well), kimber, and have shot many others like springfield Xd, S&W M&P, Beretta, etc. It all comes back to Glock for me. I understand why people like other makes/models, but Glock just seems to be a good fit for me. You have me intrigued to check out the gen 4 now...

I have stuck with M&P for what I refer to as a "combat pistol". They fit my hand well, and are simply a slide and take down lever. I don't want or need the other gadgets and the weight that comes with them. That said, the comparable Glock to the M&P, was lighter than the M&P. That's a big factor to me, so long as it can put rounds on target. We shall see how this turns out.

I have an ODG Gen 4 G19 and LOVE IT. There are way better guns out there probably, but GLOCK has deff improved on the last model. I got mine for a smokin deal at OVO so that was a plus also. The gun is fun and never has a single issue, it just eats rounds no matter what they are.

I'm with you- I've despised glock for as long as I can remember for the same reasons. Figured it wouldn't be fair to hate them until I've tried one, so I got a blue label gen 4 g19 and it's been perfect. Sure the trigger sucks, sure it's blocky, sure the sights are junk... but damnit it always works, has held up great, and it's accurate too. Eventually it will fail and I can complain about it, but it's going to be awhile.

I've only had a glock 26 jam once when using a 30rd glock factory mag. 5000 rounds before and after no other jams. I can't say that about any other gun i've owned. G21 is my favorite. Fits my hand much better than a 1911. As long as a full mag is inserted it feels balanced in my hand. Otherwise it is a little bit too top heavy. That is my only complaint.

Glock is a great gun IMO my glock 27 is a great gun for carry. I also like the XDS.

Never liked M&P or Ruger..

I have a G23. Love it. G27 is next on my list.

My buddy had an M&P a few years ago. I shot it and hated it. Heavy and hated the trigger design. He shot my glock and quickly thereafter sold his m&p to buy a G30.

I also have a Glock 23 (1gen) and can't say anything bad about it. Easy to shoot, easy to maintain, inexpensive, and has never had a single malfunction in 12 years. It's not very exotic or interesting, but it does what it's designed to do better than most.

Joe you know how I feel about Glocks. I've shot them in USPSA, IDPA and 3 gun. I also carry one on and off duty. I've shot and owned some of the best made handguns around and Glock has always been my fall back for comfort and ability to run thousands of rounds without issues.

I've owned 10 different models and all have ran perfectly.

Damn it Clark, I knew you were going to chime with more supporting information. I got the pricing today for what I'm looking at. Just waiting on one more detail to better the deal, and I might pull the trigger.

Joe, I have shot a half dozen Glocks and feel similar to you. Clunky, ugly, reliable, weird grip feel near the bottom. I shot one that the lower part of the grip was "shrunken" and it felt okay.

I personally don't see a need to buy one as I have no interest for a striker fire pistol. But, my buddy did just get the new HK vp9 and I shot it. The grip is amazing and the gun is only 625.00. I won't be buying one as I am still not going to buy a striker fire gun . But maybe you want to look into that as an option?

Thanks Bob. For that price, I would hope it comes with 1000 rounds of ammo. I know I'm rather opinionated. Up to $500 seems to be my price point that I would spend on a 9mm. Anything more, and I feel there is something out there for less that will do the same thing fine. I will be getting a striker fire.

I've never liked the feel of Glocks. I know they are good, reliable, and the company does great things for the owners. I've just never liked the way they feel.

That being said - I've been hunting for a blue label G42 with no luck.

Joe, talk to Vance's or Gun Envy about blue label guns. 19's and 17's are cheaper than $500 for you new. And just like the model T, you can get any color you want so long as it's black.

I currently don't have a Glock in my collection, and admittedly, it feels amiss. I had my 2nd gen 17 for 10 years or so, countless rounds, never a hiccup, and I really regret parting with it. I see a 19 in my not too distant future.