Retirement Investment

Gergwheel1647545492

I have an account with OPERS and my 401k with Chase. I have been dealing with a investment advisor at Chase that wants to move the OPERS account into a JP Morgan IRA fund. I am vested with OPERS and can just leave the money there if i want. Thoughts/opinions?

OPERS:

Member Directed 2045 plan

90% equity (stocks?)

average return for the last 10 years has been around 7%

JP Morgan fund:

Divided up between 7 sub-plans

65-70% equity (stocks?)

average return for 10 years is estimated around 9%

"Lifemodel" funds (2045 retirement date) suck. Split it 65-35 in a equity fund and a bond fund and be done with it.

Chase IRA may allow you to hold stocks instead of preset list of mutual funds. Otherwise, I agree to just keep it in OPERS for now.

Personally I would sit tight. 2045 target is all most people really need, I have the feeling Chase wants to get you in some other funds to collect some fees and get more money $ in house.

Are you heavily in a target date fund in your 401k?

Most of the fees are waived since i am an employee here at Chase. I believe most of the 401k is the target date stuff as well.

"Lifemodel" funds (2045 retirement date) suck. Split it 65-35 in a equity fund and a bond fund and be done with it.

Chase IRA may allow you to hold stocks instead of preset list of mutual funds. Otherwise, I agree to just keep it in OPERS for now.

I texted you :masturboy:

Most of the fees are waived since i am an employee here at Chase. I believe most of the 401k is the target date stuff as well.

Are you at Easton or Polaris? Not on topic, just wanted to see if I would bump into you during the day or not.