Local Dash Cam Videos

dakotart

I recently put a dash cam in my car. He is one of the videos which shows the car in front of me not paying attention to the brake lights of the car directly in front of him and sliding sideways to stop.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ajR2p_TX17MHk2dDFXaVRzcW8/edit?usp=sharing (no audio)

Have also caught other things like a Honda hatchback with a hot water tank sticking out of the back.

Edited by dakotart

Are there any systems out there that are pretty much completely maintenance free? Meaning - something that you install and configure ONCE and never have to touch it again until footage is needed? Id hate to forget to turn it on or something and miss the big accident.

What type of video system is it? I thought about picking one up after being screwed in an accident

This is the one I'm using. Note though that I'm on my 2nd unit. I had some issues with the first one. The issues I had were as follows:

1: Video was cutting out and I didn't realize it. Formatting my memory card fixed that issue

2: Time stamp was randomly changing. I turned off the GPS auto update for the time

3: Unit would power down almost immediately after turning the car off despite the setting being at off. (can program 1, 2 or 5 min delay). I believe that the power supply is not strong enough to run the unit and charge the battery. (or they have really bad batteries). My new unit does the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Arrival-E-Prance-1920-1080P-Camera/dp/B00CY9PFRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408129796&sr=8-2&keywords=e-prance

This one also has the backup camera and a GPS which logs coordinates and other items such as speed.

Ignore the "driver" software and use a program called Registrator Viewer found at http://www.registratorviewer.com/whatsnew_en.html

Are there any systems out there that are pretty much completely maintenance free? Meaning - something that you install and configure ONCE and never have to touch it again until footage is needed? Id hate to forget to turn it on or something and miss the big accident.

When this unit gets power (i.e. you start your car) it can be programmed to auto record. Then when it loses power (i.e. you shut your car off) it can be programmed to delay power off. (note, my unit power off almost immediately.)

There was a thread on reddit a while ago and I will have to dig up but there was a camera that had better specs and was widely used for cheaper. I use a custom built raspberry pi, works great and can change any info I want myself. The honda uses a car pc with a cam in the grill :)

There was a thread on reddit a while ago and I will have to dig up but there was a camera that had better specs and was widely used for cheaper. I use a custom built raspberry pi, works great and can change any info I want myself. The honda uses a car pc with a cam in the grill :)

There are quite a few different units out there. I found very few that included a rear camera.

• 2 weeks later...
Wth is a turkey thug??

It is a branding of Mossy Oak where:

Today’s Hunters United for Good (THUG): More than simply another TV show, the Turkey and Deer THUGS series is a salute and a helping hand to the soldiers who’ve been wounded while keeping our nation free. A portion of the licensing dollars generated by Deer and Turkey THUG merchandise goes to the Outdoor Recreation Heritage Fund, which helps our heroes get back to the outdoors and return to the traditions their sacrifices helped protect.