Making a smaller car key?

87GT

My Honda key has a built in keyfob with a transponder. The key is too thick and long. My valet key without the keyfob is not much thinner. I want a smaller slimmer key that is not a valet key. I am okay with losing the keyfob I just want it to start my car and open the trunk. Can anyone recommend a locksmith or store that can cut and program a key to work? Also need it done with a Hyundai key and transponder.

Since this will probably be asked I am trying to fit the car keys on a minimalist keychain. It has to be as thin as possible for it to work.

I'm fairly certain with the big bulky honda keys that they have an electronic transponder in them that won't let you start the car without it.

Might want to start with what year and model honda since some of them have switchblade keys styles you can order from honda.

this might be of some interest:

I'm fairly certain with the big bulky honda keys that they have an electronic transponder in them that won't let you start the car without it.

Might want to start with what year and model honda since some of them have switchblade keys styles you can order from honda.

this might be of some interest:

Yeah I was reading that before I posted this. I don't have the skills to desolder and resolder the transponder without breaking it. I know exactly where it is on the board. It is a pretty simple looking circuit. 2009 Civic.

I thought about buying a keyport then I saw the price. Over $100 for what I wanted. I bought a KeyZ instead. Works perfect for normal keys and my old GM keys.

I just had lowes copy my car key for when I went out on my jetski and I didn't want my key w/ transponder to get wet. So I had the key copied so that it would work in my door and then would lock/hide my actual car key inside my car while I was out on the lake and only take my generic key that unlocked/locked the doors/trunk. Cost like $2.

You can in "theory" fasten the key to the column so that the transponder can be read at all times regardless of the key you are putting in the ignition.

We had to do this on an "budget" Honda Odyssey repair.

Could you do that with just the transponder wired into a watch battery? I don't like the idea of keeping a working key in my vehicle even if the doors are locked.