FS: Solid Beater 2001 Saturn SL1 $1800

Geeesammy

This is sort of a feeler as of now, pending me purchasing a new car tomorrow.

I'll get new pics up ASAP.

I'm selling my SL1, I purchased this car earlier in the year from B3NN3T and I am only getting rid of it to purchase a newer car, I planned on driving this thing until it rusted out from under me but I found a car I can't live without. This was a great car for what I needed and it doesn't have anything major wrong. It currently has a little over 159,000 on it and doesn't miss a beat. It is a 5 speed with all manual windows and locks. Since I purchased the car I replaced the upper motor mount and performed an alignment and balance/ rotate on it in mid-May or so. I've done regular oil changes on it and also replaced the valve cover gasket about 2 weeks after I picked it up along with brand new AC Delco spark plugs. It burns very little oil but does burn about a quart to a quart and a half between 3,000 mile intervals.

Pros:

-A/C works great

- Sips gas, I see right at 40 mpg and I don't drive hunting MPG's.

- Leather seats from an SC1.

- Newer starter and exhaust.

Cons:

-Ignition is a little funny at times. The key is worn and you have to jiggle it around slightly to bump the pins just right, but it fires up. A new ignition cylinder is a quick fix but I didn't feel the urge to fix it yet. This may take an extra 3 seconds to get it started.

- Rear door handles stick up when used unless pushed down.

- Slight exhaust rattle at idle.

- Interior is a little dirty, a good detail would make it look a lot better.

You won't find another like this on Craigslist, most by now have been hacked together or barely run. I'd drive this thing anywhere at any time and not even second guess it. It hasn't missed a beat since owning it. Price is pretty firm.

His For Sale link: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116503