9.6@149 El Mirage

coltboostin

Last few weeks have been spent back in Mitsubishi land. Had to tune a pile of cars before the DSM shootout, last but not least a fresh tune for El Mirage

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/IMG_20140812_213805_815.jpg

Just a mild 2.0L AWD swap in a $50 Mitsu Mirage. Ended up with 620whp out of a 10 year old GT35r in a small .63 turbine on a conservative cam 2 tune. He wanted a "all day long" tune, so I kept it safe

None of the cars I tuned blew up, so I guess I did OK. :) El Mirage went 9.6@149

Matt Step did a killer job with this one.

This car is dirty cheap for its performance ability and really gives me the itch to find yet another Colt and come to the AWD dark side.

And before people say it's a one trick pony, old girl won the MAX EFFORT event-an autocross and drag race with a weighted points average. This car is set up to turn and stop as well as it goes. Its damn near the best budget build I could ever think of. We hope to do some time attack/hot laps with her next season.

• Upvote 1

Go 9.6...and lose.

LOL. Kidding JP. That's sick man. I'd love on of those tuned down a little for a DD. :)

You know, f-ed up part is literally EVERYWHERE besides the US and Canada they sold these in AWD NA and turbo versions?!!?!? None came with 2.0 Turbos though, just 1.6 and 1.8.

I'd love a 1.8t Awd Colt winter beater!

Does this thing see any street time?

More than it should, and usually after beers have been drank. :dumb: Its not less street friendly form the Colt you purchased from him. Didnt you drive that car to NC too?

I called out all of the locals in advance to have their hand at it for the shootout, no one bit. Since we both have kids not we cant get out to Mexico as much as we used to.

More than it should, and usually after beers have been drank. :dumb: Its not less street friendly form the Colt you purchased from him. Didnt you drive that car to NC too?

I called out all of the locals in advance to have their hand at it for the shootout, no one bit. Since we both have kids not we cant get out to Mexico as much as we used to.

Understandable, not worth the risks these days.

Drove to Ohio in a rental, slept for 4 hours and drove the Colt home. It sat like this and didn't move till I sold it :lolguy:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/406621717.jpg

Understandable, not worth the risks these days.

Drove to Ohio in a rental, slept for 4 hours and drove the Colt home. It sat like this and didn't move till I sold it :lolguy:

/IMG]

I bet it was a fun drive :megusta:

I have all kinds of stories involving that car, good and sketchy

How much would it cost to toss something together like that? Would be unreal to have as an all around fun car.

Honesly-between 4k and 20k. It depends on what you have already, how thrifty your are, and what your skillset it.

For example- Our Own Phill sold a clean AWD roller on here for $300 or so dollars, with harness. Find a Colt for Scrap on C list and a used motor/turbo combo and your have 100% of what your need for the swap for less than a G Bone. The DSM forums are a gold mine for high dollar part outs, I dont think I have purchased anything new for a DSM besides spark plugs since 2004