Lets see those SBR's with Suppressors!

dover

While across the water I decided to get my NFA trust taken care of. I am in the process of completing my paper work on a Surefire 556 SOCOM RC and 10.5 Noveske Gen III SBR.

What do you guys play with, can't wait for everything to be completed in 8-12 months :megusta:

Here is the stock photos of my soon to be new toys:

(Going with 5.56 not .300BLK)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/products/G3R-105-300BLK_4_1024x1024.jpg?v=1382394368

http://cdn.surefire.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/socom556-rc_2.png

Can't wait for everything to be completed in 8-12 months :megusta:

Did you buy these things from a local dealer or online?

If they are being transferred to a dealer in ohio.....

Assume it takes 2 months (most people say 3-4) to transfer to your dealer. Then Assume it takes 5.5 months to get to you (most people say 8-10 months). I had heard nightmares of 12 month waits on Paper form 4's.... I haven't had one exceed 6.5 months in the past 2 years (and I've had 3 clear... 5.5, 6, and 6.5 months).

you could have saved time and manufactured your own SBR and had it clear via e-file form 1 in 30-35 days.... just sayin....

Also, depending on who you transfer-to will matter ALOT with cost.

Gun Envy charges 50.00 for an NFA transfer. Blackwing charges 200.00 per transfer. Cool thing about Blackwing is that you can use your stuff at Blackwing while it's in "jail"... But I don't think its worth it for a SBR and Suppressor. Mainly worth it for Machine Guns...

Some people have been having VERY quick turn around with the electronic online filing. The cases I read about were transfers of suppressors to NFA trusts.

I believe all e files must be trusts (maybe LLC too?).

My quick turnarounds were 1 paper, and one e-file (both were form 1 SBR's)

I bought them online and having them transferred to a local FFL. I am gone 75% of the year so the turn around time is real no rush for me. I used the online path and did the suppressor through silencershop.com. Ordered the Noveske from Noveske with e-form.

I bought them online and having them transferred to a local FFL. I am gone 75% of the year so the turn around time is real no rush for me. I used the online path and did the suppressor through silencershop.com. Ordered the Noveske from Noveske with e-form.

Did you get the suppressor when they had them on sale recently? I believe they were blowing them out for 799.00. Which is very cheap for a surefire.

• 3 weeks later...

.02 here:

I would be slightly hesitant to run a can on that short of a barrel. Here's why:

Further, since the instantaneous peak pressure in the entrance chamber of a suppressor is proportional to the pressure in the bore of the rifle at the instant of bullet exiting (uncorking) from the muzzle, it also follows that when used on short-barreled weapons chambered for the 5.56×45 NATO cartridge, pressures in the suppressor may well exceed the suppressor’s integrity, resulting in failure and possible injury.

Altering barrel length seriously affects not only weapon reliability, but also projectile velocity (including kinetic energy), non-suppressed sound levels, and flash intensity. Short barreled gas operated weapons, of which the AR-15/M4 platform is of interest, pose increasing reliability errors with decreasing barrel length. The prime reason is that as the barrel is shortened, there is decreased dwell time of the projectile in the bore after passing the gas port. This makes timing more difficult, and adding muzzle accessories (such as a sound suppressor) will cause serious reliability issues, such as faster cycling. Projectile gyroscopic stability depends on rotational velocity, which is determined by twist and linear velocity. Instability will cause yaw (and keyholing) immediately on uncorking, which can damage suppressor parts and result in an unpredictable bullet path.

Uh, the suppressor companies test and warranty to barrel lengths for a reason (dealing with muzzle pressure and projectile stability). It can be as easy as calling silencerco and asking if your setup is GTG. Worked for me...

As a note, I have no keyholing with the gun I posted.

Have a baffle strike yet? Don't worry - it isn't if, it's when.

Call the "xxxx" back and ask them if they'll do the replacement work for free - even offer a letter from a Krieger stating the concentricity of the threading to the bore and the "xxx" supplied machinist drawings were referenced for cutting the shoulder.

I'm about 1500$ wiser now, seeing as the ATF didn't like the idea of hot gluing the serial numbers back together.

• 2 weeks later...
I would reconsider on the .300 blk SBR, super quiet and efficient at close distances with subsonic. I was in the same 5.56 vs .300 blk debate and am glad i went with the .300 blk. just my .02

why not both?

Pics removed

Edited by Diamonds