WTB Model Trains

jerrodh

I'm looking to get into this hobby a bit but know that this stuff can be expensive. I know its a long shot but if anyone has stuff that they are willing to get rid of and are not expecting full blown retail value from it let me know. I don't want to be shelling out hundreds into thousands then lose interest in it. :dumb:
  • Downvote 1

You may call or check out Blue Caboose on Indianola. That's where my uncle gets his stuff. Even if the new stuff is out of your price range, they may know some folks who want to thin out a bit.

Also a bunch of builders get together every Friday at the Hobby Land in Grace land. Someone there may have stuff for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to check out the entertainment Junction i've seen that place before. So far I've been looking at HO (seems to be the most common and somewhat affordable). I do like the N-scale as well. I'm really looking at just seeing what I can get my hands on at first and tinkering with it. Going to plan on displaying them first and foremost and as things progress I'll look into building a layout. Thanks

I have what feels like a ton of stuff in HO. Hasn't been used in years. I started collecting a bunch for a big layout and got into 1/24th slot cars instead. I have no idea what all is there or how much I want for it, but if you are ever around Sawmill and Snouffer area and want to stop by and make an offer on the lot of it..let me know. Wife actually started haranguing me about it all a few weeks ago.

I have locos, cars, alot of the EZ track, power supply, buildings etc etc

Will have to check moms storage in the garage, Before moving to columbus my ex step father and i built a a model train world that spanned the size of a two car garage. Was a crazy set up, Kind of miss it. Will post back if i find anything(i know useless post but had awesome flash backs to that set up)

I have what feels like a ton of stuff in HO. Hasn't been used in years. I started collecting a bunch for a big layout and got into 1/24th slot cars instead. I have no idea what all is there or how much I want for it, but if you are ever around Sawmill and Snouffer area and want to stop by and make an offer on the lot of it..let me know. Wife actually started haranguing me about it all a few weeks ago.

I have locos, cars, alot of the EZ track, power supply, buildings etc etc

Ok I'll keep it in mind. If you where able to get any pictures to give me an idea of what/or how much you had that be awesome!

Will have to check moms storage in the garage, Before moving to columbus my ex step father and i built a a model train world that spanned the size of a two car garage. Was a crazy set up, Kind of miss it. Will post back if i find anything(i know useless post but had awesome flash backs to that set up)

Appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
I randomly have some N scale stuff, but it would all be 15-20 years old.

If you are willing to let it go to me, let me know how much. I'm just looking for lower cost, hobby shops are crazy anymore. They want to sell giant packages and I don't need/want all that crap.