Looking for best outdoor hd antenna

Ramsey

Looks like we will need some outdoor hd antennas if directtv cant get a deal done.

Probably looking for a amplified outdoor and probably need to feed a few tvs each.

Is it possible?

Anyone have experiance feed multi tvs?

Maybe need a line booster?

Cut the cord recently and still get 10-15 HD channels just with the internal TV antenna!

Is the idea to pick up more HD content ?

This. I get like 20 HD over the air channels with a 10 dollar set of rabbit eats inside.

You live in the sticks ramsey?

• 1 month later...
What do you all recommend for an indoor antenna? Cut our cable yesterday and have been using a cheap set of rabbit ears i had in the basement. Only getting a dozen channels or so on the ground floor whereas i was getting almost 2 dozen downstairs in the basement. No idea what the problem is there, but looking to get something a little better. At this point i do not believe an outdoor antenna is an option as i have nowhere to put it and no way of running the cable to the outdoors without drilling holes in the walls.

Just installed this one Saturday

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-ANT751-Dur...oor+hd+antenna

I just put it on my directv dish arm, hooked to the cable and called it a day.

Luckily my sat dish is on my roof and basically pointing right at columbus.

Works good, internet and over the air is all we got now.

Really enjoying the amazon fire tv for the kids, xbmc for me, and plex.

went to microcenter tonight and picked up this guy: http://www.microcenter.com/product/346270/360_Degree_HDTV_Digital_Amplified_TV_Motorized_Rotating_Antenna

Ill have a writeup in this thread in the next few days and ill put it in this thread. Very first impressions are mixed to say the least lol.

went to microcenter tonight and picked up this guy: http://www.microcenter.com/product/346270/360_Degree_HDTV_Digital_Amplified_TV_Motorized_Rotating_Antenna

Ill have a writeup in this thread in the next few days and ill put it in this thread. Very first impressions are mixed to say the least lol.

For those interested... heres a follow up.

I originally put this antenna in the basement because for some reason i get better reception in the basement than i do in the living room. I really didnt want to put it outside so I had it hanging upside down from the rafters and somehow picked up 25 free channels late last night. After finalizing its mounting position i could only get 17 channels for some reason. Today i decided to move it out onto the patio. I have it aimed 160* from north and get 27, yes 27 free channels here in Dublin. Ive got it mounted to the fence at about 6 feet from the ground, aimed slightly downward.

Some thoughts: This thing is very thing. At 20 bucks i figured it would be of low quality, but damn this is of really low quality. Like popcan thin. Some of the rungs were bent when i pulled it out of the box but after some carefully placed force I managed to get them mostly straightened out. I worry that a decent gust of wind could completely tear it apart... lol. It came with all necessary mounting hardware and then some. There were about a dozen decent sized good quality cables ties, and a dozen or so cable clips for mounting to the side of a building or wall. The instructions kind of sucked and were written in Engrish, but who needs instructions anyways. It took me about a half an hour to put it together. The Amplifier has two outbound jacks on it so you could actually hook two TVs up to it without the need for a splitter. The "motorized" apparatus is interesting to say the least. It comes with a wireless remote that has one button. Press it once, it spins one way, press it again and it goes the other way. Surprisingly it has 360* range of motion. Unfortunately unless you're looking at it, you have no idea where its pointed. If you aren't pointing the remote directly at the receiver which sits next to the TV it doesn't work. But for 20 bucks, I'm happy and would recommend.

yes, i have too much time on my hands.

For those interested... heres a follow up.

I originally put this antenna in the basement because for some reason i get better reception in the basement than i do in the living room. I really didnt want to put it outside so I had it hanging upside down from the rafters and somehow picked up 25 free channels late last night. After finalizing its mounting position i could only get 17 channels for some reason. Today i decided to move it out onto the patio. I have it aimed 160* from north and get 27, yes 27 free channels here in Dublin. Ive got it mounted to the fence at about 6 feet from the ground, aimed slightly downward.

Some thoughts: This thing is very thing. At 20 bucks i figured it would be of low quality, but damn this is of really low quality. Like popcan thin. Some of the rungs were bent when i pulled it out of the box but after some carefully placed force I managed to get them mostly straightened out. I worry that a decent gust of wind could completely tear it apart... lol. It came with all necessary mounting hardware and then some. There were about a dozen decent sized good quality cables ties, and a dozen or so cable clips for mounting to the side of a building or wall. The instructions kind of sucked and were written in Engrish, but who needs instructions anyways. It took me about a half an hour to put it together. The Amplifier has two outbound jacks on it so you could actually hook two TVs up to it without the need for a splitter. The "motorized" apparatus is interesting to say the least. It comes with a wireless remote that has one button. Press it once, it spins one way, press it again and it goes the other way. Surprisingly it has 360* range of motion. Unfortunately unless you're looking at it, you have no idea where its pointed. If you aren't pointing the remote directly at the receiver which sits next to the TV it doesn't work. But for 20 bucks, I'm happy and would recommend.

yes, i have too much time on my hands.

What channels?

What channels?

Just saw this, See http://www.tvfool.com for more.

19 Hispanic channel

32.1 \

32.2 \

32.3 \

32.4 Gihad channel, African network, cooking channel, spanish channel

32.5 /

32.6 /

32.7 /

32.8 /

34.3?

51.1 \

51.2 \ All church/christian music channels

51.3 /

51.4 /

Something along those lines. the 32 channels are junk and only half of them are in English. 51s are all Christ this Christ that. all of the 34's are pretty good. lots of documentaries.

Just saw this, See http://www.tvfool.com for more.

19 Hispanic channel

32.1 \

32.2 \

32.3 \

32.4 Gihad channel, African network, cooking channel, spanish channel

32.5 /

32.6 /

32.7 /

32.8 /

34.3?

51.1 \

51.2 \ All church/christian music channels

51.3 /

51.4 /

Something along those lines. the 32 channels are junk and only half of them are in English. 51s are all Christ this Christ that. all of the 34's are pretty good. lots of documentaries.

Do the real channels cut out at all? Go digital?