Used Butchmobile

Sturg1647545502

So i had that thread a while back about looking a forester xt's. Ended up with a 2005 subaru FXT premium with a 5MT from Nebraska. It has just about every option on it except a short shift throw. But it does have the STI foot pedals!:lol:

It's got a less-than-smooth idle but other than that it's mechanically sound. Ill clean up the throttle body & replace some spark plugs to try & correct that. Head gasket has already been replaced. No nickle and dime leaks either. CV boots, struts etc. all looks to be in good condition

Cosmetically there are issues...front bumper cover needs replaced d/t a DIY bondo job & window tint needs removed and redone all around. I haven't owed a black car since my wrx (no real imperfections to speak of with the wrx) but jesus, every single scratch, chip or spec of dirt jumps right out at you! That might be a winter detailing job.

Before buying this I had never driven a FXT & i'm pretty surprised with the 0-60. Obviously its basically a wrx with a bigger body... It feels as quick as my wrx before all the stage 1 stuff got put on. I dont know why i didnt expect it to perform similarly but it sure as shit does. That being said after 60 is where you really feel the difference. Rolling on at highway speeds is pathetic.

Overall i'm happy with it. It's a fun little all around DD that'll will stay stock until the clutch goes. Even then ill keep it moderate We'll see about freeing up the exhaust, up & down pipe with a flash. Are people still running external BOVs? Stockers are good for about 20 psi if I remember correctly?e

Either way seeing as i'm in subaru mecca there are probably a metric fuck ton of used performance parts for this engine, that'll be a nice change to keep cost down.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/707_zpsnp8ach5y.jpeg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09-11%2014.06.36_zpss0mbadpb.jpg

Edited by Sturg

Stay away from vent to atmosphere BOVs and intakes.

Get someone's take-off catless up pipe (STIs and later Leggys), do a turbo-back exhaust, and get a Stage 2 tune and you're golden. Stay away from aftermarket up-pipes as best you can. They tend to be too wide and they kill your spool.

If you want to lower it, check out the forester forum for the details, but essentially you can get someone's WRX take-off struts and springs and chop a couple inches off the ride height while maintaining a good ride and plenty of clearance for OH snow.

Stay away from vent to atmosphere BOVs and intakes.

Get someone's take-off catless up pipe (STIs and later Leggys), do a turbo-back exhaust, and get a Stage 2 tune and you're golden. Stay away from aftermarket up-pipes as best you can. They tend to be too wide and they kill your spool.

If you want to lower it, check out the forester forum for the details, but essentially you can get someone's WRX take-off struts and springs and chop a couple inches off the ride height while maintaining a good ride and plenty of clearance for OH snow.

THanks for the tips, yea turbo back is def. the way to go. Any recommendations on a quieter exhaust set up?

I didnt know this until i researching this specific vehicle but the xt's are actually 0.2" taller than the reg. foresters. It would look much better lowered but not only is there a bunch of snow out there but a lot of unpaved roads.

THanks for the tips, yea turbo back is def. the way to go. Any recommendations on a quieter exhaust set up?

I didnt know this until i researching this specific vehicle but the xt's are actually 0.2" taller than the reg. foresters. It would look much better lowered but not only is there a bunch of snow out there but a lot of unpaved roads.

Don't go catless on the down pipe for one. I really liked the MadDad Whisper, but I'm not 100% sure on Forester fitment. If the exhausts are the same, you could also go with a piecemeal approach and use a STI take off axle back.

Clearance wise, a stock WRX should have plenty of ride height for anything but foot deep snow and heavily rutted dirt roads. I don’t know what you encounter out there. If you think that might be too low, King Springs makes Forester specific lowering springs that won't lower you as much.